Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N filter worth the $120

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
nah from everyone i have spoken to its def not worth the money, with very very very minimal gains in power i cant see y it would be, depends on the condition of the car too id say.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
all marketing crap, the only advantage is theyre reusable so over 5 or so years it would pay for itself assuming you replace the paper filter every 6 months...

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
wait for them to be on sale, thats what I do lol, or just go ya local motoquipe, if ya regular they will usually do them for around $100. They did the panel filter for the VN for $99 for me.

D.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
yer i think i might go the cheaper brand apparentky ders a brand called Redline half the price and pretty much the same as K&N without the name.. dunno if coventrys sell em tho

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
$120 for a k&n panel filter is a rought, look around and u should find cheaper, i got mine not on sale from american autos/rare spares in parramatta for $80. I didnt notice much power difference, but definetly difference in engine response, but i mainly bought it because its reusable.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i have a k&n in my car which was $140 i seen it but it was in there b4 i got it. new tho thats for ya stock airbox ones in the vt's

a mate put a pod on his vx just a cheap 30 onw he thinks it made a big dif wot u think, i didnt think thay would but he seems to think so, if so ill think on getting one lol

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
k & N filters have basically zero air restriction but really its not good unless your ecu has been modified to suck in more air. it will however help a little bit on a stock engine with a bit more response. but nothing big in the gains however all the small things do add up.

cheers
ryan

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
they are worth it not for the pwer gain but for the fact they are reuseable it saves u buyin numerous standard ones and generally help air flow a bit better

B

Bradg83

I bought one for my VN and it did sweet stuff all.. But, combined with a cold air intake and better airbox it's a tiny bit more responsive.. I think its one of those "**** everyones got a K&N I better get one" type things...

They are re-useable, but you don't get the cleaning stuff when you buy the filter, you have to buy it all seperate which is crap...

K&N also have an oil filter, supposed to do all this whiz bang crap for like 5 times the price of a normal ryco filter that does the same ****.