Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K & N filter, worth the expense ?

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
well said, most performance increases are in the mind, same as a noisy exhaust will always give another 20 hp ? yeah right..

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
get this... went into supercheap thursday night in there catalouge it had 20% off all k&n filters so i thought **** yeah go in der no filters left but they were priced at $110.. after messin me around for 20 mins dude goes "it looks like we have none left, but i can order sum in ... but the price doubles $220 coz we gotta order it straight from k&n. i told him to stick it.. WHY would u only order 1 filter in if ur already outta stock n why on earth wouldnt u use ur usual people whoever they get em through, hate ppl dat waste my time

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
In my opinion k+n filters work fine on n/a cars but put one on my dads supercharged v6 and what a difference it made.
Just purchased a BMC Flat panel filter for my SV6 and noticed more of a note from the exhaust and fuel economy is better and freed up the revs a bit.
They use BMC filters in F1 cars so thats good enough for me.

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
Hey guys.. Went the K&N track as got a near new one with oil for $65 delivered so am happy but din't really notice any diff one filter to the next and did notice drop in response from the pod filter I had.
Deffinitely looking at putting pod filter inside air box and finding somewhere to get air direct from outside. The CAI sitting under the bonnet doesn't seem to have easy access to air.

what do you guys think ?

freakme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 5L
I've only used K&N Filters... Noticed the difference, in pick up and gears changing smoother. If fitted with a supercharged CAI you will notice more difference in pick up, gear changes more smoothly. I can supply you a CAI for V6 for $48
V8 for $39

It is worth the money in my opinion for the K&N Filter.

ThongyVL

My first post.... so be a little easy on me.

U refer to 'supercharged CAI' - what is it? I'm assuming it is a Cold Air Intake of some sort? Is it suitable for a VS 5Ltr? Your explanation appreciated.

Cheers Freakme

freakme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 5L
I've only used K&N Filters... Noticed the difference, in pick up and gears changing smoother. If fitted with a supercharged CAI you will notice more difference in pick up, gear changes more smoothly. I can supply you a CAI for V6 for $48
V8 for $39

It is worth the money in my opinion for the K&N Filter.

ThongyVL

My first post.... so be a little easy on me.

U refer to 'supercharged CAI' - what is it? I'm assuming it is a Cold Air Intake of some sort? Is it suitable for a VS 5Ltr? Your explanation appreciated.

Cheers Freakme

Budah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
just installed a factory holden CAI from the supercharged V6 and a brand new k&N filter the other day. I could feel the CAI had an effect on pick up and gear changes but not dramatic. with both CAI and filter fuel economy is noticeable, as i make an 2hour drive to and back from uni. I'm quite satisfied with the results.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
CAI setup, legal; Unless you shield the pod, you'll lose power because it'll stuck hot air from the engine.

I've heard its legal so long as it has ONE side covered like this....
And a CAI would come out the bottom opening on that side....
Best of both worlds :yeah:

77-3021KPs.jpg