Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N Pod Filter

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
:thumbsup: hello to all..just wondering if anyone can help me out with a drama i'm having???i have a k&n pod filter which i'm hanging to put on my vx wagon for that induction noise and for that somewhat small performance gain i tried to install the otherday and once i remove the cold air box the car will not start..i know this has something to do with air sensors and whatever else..has anyone else had this problem and how do i go about fixing it without the expense of a mechanic..any feedback appreciated:bang:

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
there will be 2 sensors, one will be the air flow sensor. and the other will be on the top of the airbox, they both need to be connected. pull the sensor out of the top airbox part and connect it to the plug. just leave it dangling in the engine bay somewhere out of the way.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
If you have removed the air flow metre then your car won't start. I tried to start mine with no filter what-so-ever to see what it sounded like and it was a no go until i reinstalled the air flow metre.

try re-attaching the air flow mtr and putting the pod on that and see how you go.

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
If you have removed the air flow metre then your car won't start. I tried to start mine with no filter what-so-ever to see what it sounded like and it was a no go until i reinstalled the air flow metre.

try re-attaching the air flow mtr and putting the pod on that and see how you go.
all i have done is taken the lid off the box and havent removed anything else and she seems to no go

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
oh ok. i somehow got the impression you removed a bit more than that.

have you tried reinstalling everything back to what it was? and if so did it start then?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Define "She seems to no go" ...
does the engine turn over? or does plain sweet **** all happen?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Check your error codes.. you may have knocked a loose connection or wire on the engine

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
its all good now... i took the lid off, removed the sensor ,fitted pod to air flow meter,and fired her up...ppssshhh....oh yeah...induction noise...had a k&n on yesterday but since replaced with another one with plastic cover with holes drilled in it which whistle when drawing air...sounds like a supercharger..will post some pics in my ride...check it out..thanks to all:w00t:

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
its all good now... i took the lid off, removed the sensor ,fitted pod to air flow meter,and fired her up...ppssshhh....oh yeah...induction noise...had a k&n on yesterday but since replaced with another one with plastic cover with holes drilled in it which whistle when drawing air...sounds like a supercharger..will post some pics in my ride...check it out..thanks to all:w00t: