Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N

Wire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 94
Im getting a K&N Air filter for my VR. I have seen VR's with the K&N panel filter in them using the original airbox but then i have seen VR'S with a pod like filter just attached to the stock pipe, which one is a better increase in power and econmy etc?

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
search is you friend...

Get a panel filter and a cai. better than a pod. you could se it up tho with heat sheild etc with the pod. but much easier (and cheaper?) with the pannel and cai.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Yes use the search tab... I reckon there would be a thread per week about this subject....

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Pods are no good, CAI + Panel is alot better.

C

chrome calais

Pod bad news

I put a pod on my VS thinking it was the cool thing to do. It made all the engine probs worse. It sure did suck in hot air, and threw the dyno figures all wonky due to the excess heat. Do whatever you can to keep your cold air intake.

Wire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 94
simple as mate just put mine in then although i went for a redline filter instead of K&N do exactly the same just that little bit cheaper

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Wire said:
simple as mate just put mine in then although i went for a redline filter instead of K&N do exactly the same just that little bit cheaper

And the original airbox cover fits over the top nicely?

Cheers, Killer

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
yeah the k+n or redline panel filters are just a sponge flavored version of your normal recangle filter found in your airbox. the sport better flow and in the case of k+n [not sure about redline] they have a serive oil which helps it catch dust. it just clips in onter the box and no one would know any different. helps the car breate a little better so although not by much you'll see a on the paper figure increase and a touch better fuel economy. the cai [cold air intake] helps get a nicer flow of air from under the front of the bonnect instead of in front of the headlight. again the "forced air" from normal driving [or high speed] will push air into the works again assiting in breathing and also its more direct [so say your night driving you get a good stream of cool air from just under your bonnet rather than some mucked up turbulent stuff from behind the headlight.

two ways to do a CAI, grabbing the intake and funnel is needed and from there you can either make the intake hole on your stock box bigger or buy a supercharged filter box [bottom half only needed] for a bolt on clean finish. [less leakage too. unless you salastic or seal a cut box around the funnel.] but yeah that and a sports exhaust are two nice small mods to make the car sound a little better and breathe more freely. which can only be a good thing.