Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kangaroo and side mirror

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
A kangaroo broke off the left side mirror the other night so until the panel beaters replace it along with all the panel damage I'm wondering are they easy to replace.
There is the bootom section of the mirror remaining so I'm thinking glueing and screwing the secondhand mirror to the bottom mount.

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Poor skippy, was it alright and we to had this happen to our VP and did just as you mentioned glued and screwed on a second hand unit until we had the insurance take care of the proper repairs.
Didn't look pretty but worked fine, we used a 2 pack araldite glue and self taping wood screws.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
The way you say "a kangaroo broke off the left side mirror" makes me picture a disgruntled kangaroo just strolling up to your car, deathstaring you in the mirror and then snapping that mother####er right off before throwing it n the ground and jumping away.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Thats funny, just strolling up to your car, sure did and then jumped out in front while I'm doing a 110klms. Had to also change my undies and this arvo I've glued on a secondhand mirror. Smashed off the mounting bracket with a hammer and then ground off the excess plastic and it fitted perfectly to the mount that was left attached to the car.
Glad to have the left side mirror back, the last 2 days has been scarey trying to change lanes.

31.05.13 Update - Commodore booked in to be repaired in 2 weeks time and was quoted $4,975 which is way more than the market value but not the agreed insurance value.

Last edited: