Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kayhan Android/Apple Carplay +Nav+ digital radio.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Maybe this should be in the audio section but I've posted there before and it takes a while before people respond.

Kayhan have updated their VF Mylink conversion kit so you can have Android Auto/Apple Carplay, navigation and DAB+ radio. I know some people reported that the earlier units may have been "buggy". Has the situation improved? Has anyone taken the plunge? It's not cheap to do but it has all the goodies that all the latest cars have in their infotainment units.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
It all looks the same to me.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Apparently one of the problems was the glare and the lack of vision when it’s sunny. No software update can fix that.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Time to revive this thread: Kayhan have just announced a new unit for under $800 that embeds CarPlay and Auto onto the mylink system very similarly to how Import Road and Envyous Customs do theirs. Obviously cost is cheaper here but unanswered question is whether it applies to the S2 which needs AUX enabled to do this install.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
but unanswered question is whether it applies to the S2 which needs AUX enabled to do this install.
according to their facebook page it doesnt matter... from their post from the 6th Nov.
will wait for real world feedback though

Its probably the only thing holding me back from the Import Road product.

WW-VFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Apparently all good for both series 1 and 2, very interested.... must also say a very quick response to the email ✅

Attachments

• 03459313-E875-41FB-B61F-EB7392227E09.jpeg
    03459313-E875-41FB-B61F-EB7392227E09.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 344

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Apparently all good for both series 1 and 2, very interested.... must also say a very quick response to the email ✅
All good from the people making/importing them. There might be some bias.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it looks to be a "middle man" box no different to what envious customs offers.

something i do find concerning with the kayhan box is the fact they have hardware button instructions to select and open apps which could point to the system not having touchscreen functionality for android auto.

vs355x

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf
Really interested to see/hear about this new version. I was actually just about to buy one of the other envyous/navplus style kits, but got put off by the numerous boxes and loads of cabling (more stuff to go wrong). Envyous doesnt sell them anymore and just points to import road.

This looks a bit more of an all in one box - I noticed on one of the videos it had an icon for 'limcet'. I couldnt find anything directly for limcet on a quick google search, but it does appear to be a semi common box for carplay on euro stuff.