Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kc's 1999 Vs Series 3 Caprice

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
Model: VS Series 3 Caprice
Year: 1999
Km's:240xxx
Cost:$7,000
Colour: Orion Silver
Engine: Stock V6 Ecotec
Mods so far: 18" Genuine VY SS rims, new Alpine Heady, Alpine Typre R 6.5" Splits (doors)
Future Mods: 2.5" red back exhaust with 2.5" twin dumper tip, King Spring Lows all round + Monroe GT Shocks, Interior light conversion, full Alpine Type R stereo upgrade, possible full respray into Tungsten Gold

When i first got it with 16" caprice rims
IMGP0618.jpg

Seeing what it looked like with VZ SV6 Rims
IMGP0884.jpg

With new 18" VY SS Rims
IMGP0905.jpg

IMGP0906.jpg

IMGP0907.jpg

IMGP0908.jpg

Interior pics will be coming soon (haven't got any yet)

Last edited:

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
nice.
personaly i love the tungsten gold colour.

i have a vs statesman and its white, but id much rather another colour

ya, these cars in gold = the best

the gold over the light grey thats on it at the moment would look the best

but the colour that it is at the moment isnt bad, has a pearly blue tinge to it, its just getting the drivers door resprayed is the prob, to do it they have to do the front 1/4 panel, drivers door and rear drivers door and costs a bit to do >.>

Mbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS statesman
ya, these cars in gold = the best

the gold over the light grey thats on it at the moment would look the best

but the colour that it is at the moment isnt bad, has a pearly blue tinge to it, its just getting the drivers door resprayed is the prob, to do it they have to do the front 1/4 panel, drivers door and rear drivers door and costs a bit to do >.>

yer they have to do the guard and rear door becasue if they dont the colour will look funny. its called a blend.

and there is a HSV VS grange on here that is flly gold, its my favourite statesman on here.

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
yer they have to do the guard and rear door becasue if they dont the colour will look funny. its called a blend.

and there is a HSV VS grange on here that is flly gold, its my favourite statesman on here.

yeah that one looks sweet, dont think id go that low tho, thats why im gonna go with king spring lows, they only go down 3cm, which is plenty for me

plus how hard would it be to convert my car to a 355 stroker v8 from a v6?? ive been thinkin of getting it done once im off my p's

Mbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS statesman
yeah that one looks sweet, dont think id go that low tho, thats why im gonna go with king spring lows, they only go down 3cm, which is plenty for me

plus how hard would it be to convert my car to a 355 stroker v8 from a v6?? ive been thinkin of getting it done once im off my p's

personaly id just buy a v8 caprice, they are cheap and there is a fari few of them

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
sweet just put monroe gt gas shocks in the rear, rasied it up bout an inch, the old ones where f'd sumthin bad, just gotta put the front in and done

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
Update:

just painted the engine cover a metallic purple, looks sweet, pics soon
2.5" red back exhaust is on order, should be getting installed in a few weeks
front shocks and king spring lows (all round) getting installed on saturday (hopefully)
and after i get the exhaust fitted im gonna get the door resprayed, 500 to do the front drivers door (including the grey trim piece), front panel and rear drivers door

busy few weeks coming up