Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keep and tune or sell and buy tuned?!?!

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
keep it standard worth more later and there fast enough as it is

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
OK so have had my first V8 for 3 months now and love it! I have a 2009 VE SS. It's box standard apart from a set of muffler deletes I put on to enhance the sound of it.

So now I'd like a bit more power and a lumpier sound. I have $5000 - $7500 to play with. Now do I sell my car and put the money on top and seek a 'tuned' car, or do I keep and get a cam package?!...

Will appreciate any views...
I have a 2009 MY10 series 2 6.0 L76 sportswagon auto. Had a remote patch tune done by OZTRACK https://www.oztrack.com.au/ from Qld, and am very happy with the result on a stock engine. Cost was $700 from memory. Have not had it on dyno but feeeels like an extra 15kw at least. Very cheap gain. They changed the shift points in the gearbox too which now doesnt snatch between 2nd and 3rd. Have a look at their site, as all the internal mods you may be contemplating are available in a one stop shop. And no, I'm not being paid to sing their praises!

P

Pauldw500

I have a 2009 MY10 series 2 6.0 L76 sportswagon auto. Had a remote patch tune done by OZTRACK https://www.oztrack.com.au/ from Qld, and am very happy with the result on a stock engine. Cost was $700 from memory. Have not had it on dyno but feeeels like an extra 15kw at least. Very cheap gain. They changed the shift points in the gearbox too which now doesnt snatch between 2nd and 3rd. Have a look at their site, as all the internal mods you may be contemplating are available in a one stop shop. And no, I'm not being paid to sing their praises!
Gone up a tad. Altho includes an OTR...

Screenshot_20210107-165837_Samsung Internet.jpg

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
Gone up a tad. Altho includes an OTR...

View attachment 217943
OTR used to be optional. I declined. I did fit one at a later date but only ran it for a week. Felt the gain was minimal unless in a drag situation. They make the car sound good under plantemfoot acceleration, but I was concerned about water in the system during wet weather driving

P

Pauldw500

Just went to view the Magnaflow 3" catback and won't fit unless I change my headers... My headers which I think are stock mount to the cats in a vertical position (seen from engine bay) but the Magnaflow (and Walkinshaw I viewed earlier) mount horizontally. Bloke said all sports exhasuts are gonna mount this way so I'll need new headers at some point.

I didn't buy...

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just went to view the Magnaflow 3" catback and won't fit unless I change my headers... My headers which I think are stock mount to the cats in a vertical position (seen from engine bay) but the Magnaflow (and Walkinshaw I viewed earlier) mount horizontally. Bloke said all sports exhasuts are gonna mount this way so I'll need new headers at some point.

I didn't buy...

You want extractors. So buy a whole brand system with them. If you're fine with mild steel buy a full manta mild system.

But that will ruin the resale a full 303/304 stainless system will hold or improve resale value.

P

Pauldw500

You want extractors. So buy a whole brand system with them. If you're fine with mild steel buy a full manta mild system.

But that will ruin the resale a full 303/304 stainless system will hold or improve resale value.
What would you recommend?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Give Manta a call or get in contact with NAAF on here (used to be an exhaust dealer and is handy with advice).

But at the same time what is the longer term plans for it?
NAAFs advice for me was if going a cam later on then go the Manta Quiet system with 4 mufflers.
If not then hotdogs up front and mufflers at the rear are fine.
Twin 3 will be a bit louder and deeper than a twin 2.5
You may or may not hear the difference between Mild or Stainless
4>1 with 1 3/4 primaries will do the 6L just fine

Either way, keep your old original system so if you plan on selling it you can always put it back on.

Also didnt DiFillipo get sold off? and are now made by Manta anyway?