Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keep radio from turning off

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I want to go see a drive in movie however the power saving function turns off the the radio every 5 to 10 minutes the only way way I know to stop this is to hold down the start button till everything lights up on the the dash but this turns everything on and will drain the battery does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I want to go see a drive in movie however the power saving function turns off the the radio every 5 to 10 minutes the only way way I know to stop this is to hold down the start button till everything lights up on the the dash but this turns everything on and will drain the battery does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks
I notice on my first VF if you didn't put the car in park and leave it in neutral, the radio would stay on. I noticed this while the car was getting a service at the mechanics up on the hoist.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I notice on my first VF if you didn't put the car in park and leave it in neutral, the radio would stay on. I noticed this while the car was getting a service at the mechanics up on the hoist.

I will definitely have to test this

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The hand^D^D^D^Dfinger-brake will engage if it's in neutral?

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I will definitely have to test this
I think you push and hold start button for 5 seconds or a few times without foot on brake sorry can't exactly remember but sure I have seen it somewhere here

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I think you push and hold start button for 5 seconds or a few times without foot on brake sorry can't exactly remember but sure I have seen it somewhere here
Yes , this , just hold the start button for about 5 secs without foot on the brake , this will make it go into ignition mode , just make sure your headlights are off if you just want to listen to the radio

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Yes , this , just hold the start button for about 5 secs without foot on the brake , this will make it go into ignition mode , just make sure your headlights are off if you just want to listen to the radio
Yes thanks kleanphil I new the drugs and alcohol had not wiped my memory completely

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I couldn't get this to work, still turned off after 15-ish minutes.
Latest firmware flash was when we bought it mid-2015, maybe it needs a newer version?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I couldn't get this to work, still turned off after 15-ish minutes.
Latest firmware flash was when we bought it mid-2015, maybe it needs a newer version?
Yes maybe , I don't have mylink in my car I have the Alpine Halo 9 but ive managed to sit in my car for half hour a couple of times watching catchup tv (HDMI from my phone ) without it turning off . My radio still turns off after about 5 min if I press the start button briefly .

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Take a ghetto blaster that runs on battery's, lol. Wont get stranded with a flat battery.