Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keeping Drl lights on at night..

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all

Just wondering is it possible to keep the Drl lights on while driving at night like what Clubsport and GTS has?

SSVREDLINE2014

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
2018-11-06 10.30.02.jpg
As Above But the link below is via Stooge DRL dimmed with headlights on.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...with-headlights-on-how-to-guide.231538/page-9
page 9 post 176

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Correct me if Im wrong but DRL are illegal when other lights are on, except when OEM.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Your right but doing it is just as illegal as hid/led headlights or removing the DPF on a diesel or changing you exhaust from stock or getting a custom tune with 100 cell cats.

Point is I would be surprised if a cop can tell the difference between a commodore with its headlights/ DRLs on and any HSV from E2 up.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Point is I would be surprised if a cop can tell the difference between a commodore with its headlights/ DRLs on and any HSV from E2 up.

I think most of them couldn't care either.

I installed one of the number plate mount/light bar brackets for our last trip away. That type of mount is illegal on a bare sedan in Qld.

Got pulled over for licence, breathaliser, etc check in Qld on the way home (having been through NSW, SA, NT) and the cop was just about on his knees trying to read the number plate under the lightbar.

Use a carbra as well so the cop was asking us where we'd been, etc. He was most interested in Coober Pedy, lol.

Bid us good night and off we went.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Your right but doing it is just as illegal as hid/led headlights or removing the DPF on a diesel or changing you exhaust from stock or getting a custom tune with 100 cell cats.

Just wanted to let readers know so they can make their own decision. I am for all mods as long as they are as safe or safer than OEM.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yep I'm with you "abuch47" on that account.

What I can't get my head around though is that they'll pick on a kid that's got his car an inch lower but they'll leave stuck up SUV & 4WD owners alone that have windows tinted that dark that you can't make eye contact with the person inside it. Now that's dangerous, not an extra white light on the front end of a vehicle. Now if it was a red light then I'd agree but not white.

Why is ok for a HSV and not for a Holden ??? the motor vehicle act only seems to apply only when a cop wants it to.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Correct me if Im wrong but DRL are illegal when other lights are on, except when OEM.
Just emulate how HSV's are set up.
DRL's on low power become 'position lights', then remove the park lamp bulbs(not sure how Canbus will like that).
This should comply with ADR's.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Don't be a clown. Daytime running lights are just that - for the daytime.

They're blinding for oncoming drivers because the light isn't directional and there are no cutoffs. Ever had somebody shine one of those $2 LED torches in your eye? These are no different.