Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keeping My Ride Cool

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey All,

So in the summer my black Omega gets real hot sitting at uni all day. Besides from a tint and those silver sun reflectors are there any tips or gadgets I could use to stop her from getting to hot?

Thanks

GlenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Something I had thought of was having a computer cooling fan mounted into a piece of perspex. The top of the perspex being the same profile as a rear window, and the bottom having another couple of strips of perspex glued to each edge of it so it would sit over the window. Slip into place and wind the window up to hold it in place. Then leave another window down ever so slightly to allow air flow.
I have no idea what those comp fans draw though, so accept no responsibility for flat batteries! Or even if it works.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
park in the shade
sun refletor things in the cabin..
when u get to ur car put the windows down and the ac on and get in 5 minutes later?
harden up? :p -jokes

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Probably not something you want to do... But baby shades? I have window sox on my rear windows & makes a bit of difference. Add in one of those windscreen reflector shade things, and it's not too bad. I know how you feel about the car being hot tho - I have my car parked in the sun at work all day (no possible way to park in shade), and in summer you just about want to vomit sometimes it's that stifling.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Get the slimline wind deflectors then you can leave your windows open a crack.

Thats what I do and it does make a difference.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Do you have a link to them Ricey? or any picks?