Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Piggin hell yeah!!
I just g/maps where Roxby downs is....looks like a small town yeah?? not too many roads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
Piggin hell yeah!!
I just g/maps where Roxby downs is....looks like a small town yeah?? not too many roads

yeah mate only a small town think about 4000 people .. 255km to the next major town and 600km to adelaide.

Reaction score
Members Ride
car is ready to be picked up next week :) keen to get it home again.

even keener to park it at its new home just bought a house with a stomper shed.... even has a lined glass front room in it with split system air con should come in handy in a couple of months time when its back at 50deg days... settlement is next month im like a kid waiting for christmas

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
car is ready to be picked up next week :) keen to get it home again.

even keener to park it at its new home just bought a house with a stomper shed.... even has a lined glass front room in it with split system air con should come in handy in a couple of months time when its back at 50deg days... settlement is next month im like a kid waiting for christmas
a live in man cave by the sounds lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
not much happening lately all my spare coin is going into the house but i have got a bulk pack of dynamat to do the floor pan before the new carpet goes in. will probably need another bulk pack to do the doors, parcel shelf and boot. so now i got to start pulling up the old sticky sound deadner.

got my memcal back from The1 and fired it up seems to run a lot smoother and idle . ive got a heap of advance in it to start ect.its good enough for now till i get it to the tuner to sort it out on the dyno.

noticed when i was putting my fuel tank back in that my fuel lines(both of them) have been crushed by a jack im guessing im peeking as i only just made them they havent even had fuel through them. i know it wasnt me so must of happened at the paint shop. so now im thinking of remaking them as i dont want to cut a section out of both and re join them. there 1/2" at the moment which now looking at them are way over kill so if i do remake them it will be 3/8" which is still big but plans are to charge the motor down the track. im just glad it didnt pinch the brake line as well that would be a pain to remake.

anyone sent there dash to the dash doctor? are they any good and worth the price? there is a crack on top of my dash that is anoying me its covered by a dash mat but i know its there.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ITS ALLLLIVE..... somehow missed a small vac barb at the back of the manifold that normally goes to the heater valve. plugged it and it fired right up and purred like a kitten and revved very nice. getting all the gear together so i can data log and eventually real time tune my self if i can get my head around tuning.

dynamat is almost done on the floor pan then carpet and underlay. fuel lines sorted out(for now). got a new set of headlights with clear indicators off a mate for $50 brand new still in the box. things are coming along nicely at the moment even got a couple of whirly bird things for my shed to try and get the temp down in there a bit

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
good to hear its running!!!!

what ecu are you running??
data logging is a cool thing for tuning....ive never seen how it works but ive seen dudes at the drags whipping out their laptops and checking it to see how the afr's were

howd you go with the fuel lines?? you step down to 3/8??

ive just pulled my engine out again...I swore to myself that I would never do it again but I had the urge to stick a new cam and lifters in as well as find an oil leak....hopefully have it in and fire it up this weekend and hit the drags mid march and see if I can knock a couple of tenths off my goal is 11.5

Reaction score
Members Ride
good to hear its running!!!!

what ecu are you running??
data logging is a cool thing for tuning....ive never seen how it works but ive seen dudes at the drags whipping out their laptops and checking it to see how the afr's were

howd you go with the fuel lines?? you step down to 3/8??

ive just pulled my engine out again...I swore to myself that I would never do it again but I had the urge to stick a new cam and lifters in as well as find an oil leak....hopefully have it in and fire it up this weekend and hit the drags mid march and see if I can knock a couple of tenths off my goal is 11.5

hey mate im running the stock 808 with a delco hacking NVRAM board with hispeed coms port. havent played with it too much yet but it looks like everything is working. its crazy how tunable and the features the old 808 has. with this setup i can tune on the fly(if i knew what i was doing).

left the fuel lines 1/2" just straightned out the dent best i could. if it gives me trouble ill make new ones and step down to 3/8".

what cam you running now? i see your post was a month ago how does it run? gain any tenths?

Reaction score
Members Ride
got a little bit done lately.. dynamat is all done on the floor and i have cut and installed the rear underlay and carpet.. front section is almost done aswell i just had to finish off the aircon wiring in the passengers footwell which is done now thanks to a auto sparky mate... would die up here without aircon.

there are a far few wires in the passenger footwell due to my fuse box being in the glovebox but pretty sure ive got it all running neat enough you wont notice under the carpet. will put some underlay all around it and then the main layer over top you shouldnt even be able to feel or see it.car looks good with new carpets feels like a big step forward.

installed a pcmhacking NVRAM board and coms port so ive been playing with that a bit. pretty cool to see it all in real time on the AFR maps ect. data logging should also be very handy aswell. big shoutout to THE1 for sorting my tune and getting me going youre a ledgend.

Reaction score
Members Ride
slow and steady wins the race they say... the build is still happening hahah

got some bits together and made the new exhaust upto the diff(twin 2.5" into twin hooker aero chambers with a "H" pipe to give it an old school sound). will leave it dumped there for now.
extractors modified and o2 sensor welded in for the wideband sensor.they will be sent off to get ceramic coated next week.