Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
yeah mate by the time you buy a 2nd hand vn and vl tailshafts, join them up to make one and then balance it up you may aswell of hade a custom one built....id rather a new custom built shaft

yeah adelaide tailshaft is only gonna charge me $400 balanced with new bearings and uni joints so that is the go.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Best if luck then! I thought this was a auto for some reason, my tail shaft questions were useless for me then ha ha.

Will be alot of fun if the gears stay inside the casing:)

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i hope they do itll be a fair bit of f*ckin around putting a T56 in

Reaction score
Members Ride
been a big couple of weeks on the ol' girl.

vl turbo diff is in with all new shocks, springs and bushes

took out the old fuel lines and bent up some new ones out of 1/2" alloy tube. so glad i took j-mans advice and used the alloy over stainless it was so much easier to fine tune it to fit.

almost finished up the back window area but ran out of gas

now im just weighing up if i want to use braided line and speedflow fittings in the engine bay or just use normal rubber hose . think it might look out of place if its only the fuel lines done in braid and nothing else.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
nice one man!
how easy is the alloy tube to use, did u go the black tube or did u paint it?

id use the speedflow/aeroflow fittings....sure beats hose clamps and brass. i also ran the alloy tube just passed the steering shaft then black rubber hose to the reg just so the alloy didnt rub on the paint and also to camoflage it in to the black paint.
im runnin braid from reg to carb with silver fittings....just to give u an idea.

just use the black push on rubber hose and the push on type fittings...they come in black, silver or red/blue

i want chassis stands like yours btw lol

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
rear suspension setup looks good
T5 will last ok unless you abuse it with skids, slam shifting etc

My T5 has done around 80,000kms now. I know my engine is 304 rather than a 355, but it's still making 275rwhp. I've taken the car out on track days, dyno days and it has smoked up the rear tyres on the occasion. I don't hold back with it, but I don't abuse it either and not a sign of trouble so far (touch wood!). It's outlasted 2 clutches!

Reaction score
Members Ride
nice one man!
how easy is the alloy tube to use, did u go the black tube or did u paint it?

id use the speedflow/aeroflow fittings....sure beats hose clamps and brass. i also ran the alloy tube just passed the steering shaft then black rubber hose to the reg just so the alloy didnt rub on the paint and also to camoflage it in to the black paint.
im runnin braid from reg to carb with silver fittings....just to give u an idea.

just use the black push on rubber hose and the push on type fittings...they come in black, silver or red/blue

i want chassis stands like yours btw lol

yeah so glad i did it in alloy so much easier to tweek it while its in position... i got the black tube but wish i just got plain now because it doesnt like being bent it gets little hair line cracks on the radious. i think ill just use plain hose and hose clamps for now as it looks to hard to fit braided line to the stock fuel rail and regulator. i finished my lines just in front of the steering rack and just above the diff ill just use hose from there shoult look nice and neat. really surprised how easy it is to do i was putting it off for ages. hahah the jack stands are for my 4x4 gives me pleanty of clearance to work under

Reaction score
Members Ride
rear suspension setup looks good
T5 will last ok unless you abuse it with skids, slam shifting etc

My T5 has done around 80,000kms now. I know my engine is 304 rather than a 355, but it's still making 275rwhp. I've taken the car out on track days, dyno days and it has smoked up the rear tyres on the occasion. I don't hold back with it, but I don't abuse it either and not a sign of trouble so far (touch wood!). It's outlasted 2 clutches!

good to hear.... im in the market for a clutch now what ones have you used in the past ... what ones are goot and what should i stay away from

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
my first clutch was a custom made button clutch - no good for the street. It stuffed up fairly quick
second one (and current one) is a RPM heavy duty. It's good until I put two fat guys in the back and dumped the clutch..... it slipped something shocking lol ;)
but without fat guys in the back it's fine. Even track days it hangs on. Can't be stuffed doing another clutch change at the moment, so while it's working I'm leaving it.

Next clutch will be an exedy - heard lots of good things about them. That would be my recommendation