Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

VK KIWI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Blue meanie
Actually looks farken awesome mate, I just looked through the whole thread...makes me want to strip my vk down. Is it expensive to stroke to a 355?.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
Actually looks farken awesome mate, I just looked through the whole thread...makes me want to strip my vk down. Is it expensive to stroke to a 355?.

thanks mate.... cost wise i think mine was around the $6000 mark for the short motor and recon stock heads... scat crank and rods with hypertec pistons... if you go billet pistons and rods the price can skyrocket pretty quickly

Reaction score
Members Ride
lookin pretty straight dude, nicely gapped too by the looks of it.

id say chisel the crusty stuff off and then lay down some more deadener then throw on the dynamat.......I plan on doin the same thing when I get new carpet

they reckon dry ice is the easiest way of getting the old stuff off.... hmmm where do i find ice in the desert

gaps werent too bad at all there was 1 dodgy door but that came good when i put new hinge pins in it.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
can cost anywhere between 8-15K and obviously cost will be cheaper if you can do the assembly work yourself.
I sourced a lot of my own parts and knew exactly what I wanted, do your research on parts and prices and you will save, yet don't cheap out on shitty parts coz they will fail.

I was quoted originally 14K for the builder to do a complete sump to manifold build.....I had them machine and assemble the bottom end then I did the rest and saved myself 4K and that's using all my selected parts.
hth

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
they reckon dry ice is the easiest way of getting the old stuff off.... hmmm where do i find ice in the desert

gaps werent too bad at all there was 1 dodgy door but that came good when i put new hinge pins in it.
ahh good luck with the dry ice lol.
I was watching "search and restore" on tv yesterday and they used map gas, chisel and a paint scraper....it was just falling off with ease

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahh good luck with the dry ice lol.
I was watching "search and restore" on tv yesterday and they used map gas, chisel and a paint scraper....it was just falling off with ease

just had a brain wave ... CO2 fire extinguisher may freeze it enough