Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
just had a brain wave ... CO2 fire extinguisher may freeze it enough
ohh **** lol I can just imagine it.
I wonder if the co2 extinguisher is similar to the co2 refrigerant, that **** snap freezes anything within a 6 inch radius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
pretty much all the chrome is back on the exterior. havent put the chrome on that runs around each window as i have blacked out the center piller and tops of the doors so there is only chrome on the door belts and then around the drip rail. should look good with dark tinted windows so itll be all black with a single chrome boarder all the way around the outside of both windows.

Reaction score
Members Ride
12 more hours of work and then the real work can start.

hopefully the Baileys channel has rocked up and ill put that in the polish up the windows and install them. also ordered a few badges and rubbers ect.

the relectors in my original headlights are shagged but the rest of the body is in good nic. i have another set of headlight but they must be off a vb or vc they are a slightly different shape (not as pointy on the top outside edge?) anyway the refector looks new in them and they look the same shape so ill see if i can put the reflector in my original headlights as they are holden ones not aftermarket. if not ill get new aftermarket ones it really doesnt bother me but the original ones look better with the holden lion moulded into the glass

will have to pull gearbox out and install the clutch. ended up getting a sunbury stage 2 cussion button clutch they seem to get good reviews.

also have to pull the cluster out and speedo cable as the one i got made up is too long and also see if they can make it with the speed sensor 6" along the cable instead of between the gearbox and cable as it bends the speedo cable too tightly in the tunnel.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
sounds like its all coming together mate, im up for new headlights too, funnily enough mine are still original but are starting to rust out.

any more progress pics?

Reaction score
Members Ride
will grab some this week... cant find my camera so my phone will have to do.

whens the next race day mate?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
cool mate, I like seeing body work build pics,
a mate is doing a full bare paint job on his LH.....so far the painters have taken 3.5yrs to do it and its still not finished....that would drive me nuts!

hopefully the 6th or the 9th august, the midweek meets makes for a long night especially with work the next day.....so I might do a Saturday night run this time.

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.5yrs is out of control!!! i thought of sinking 10 to 13k into the paintjob but then i thought i would be too scared to drive it.. i wanna be able to drive this everyday and not have to stress when i park it in car parks ect (like those wankers that take 2 spots just because they have a GT or GTS).

your lucky to live at a place were they have lots of meetings. are you going to strip it bare bones and see what time you can pull?

Reaction score
Members Ride
baileys channel only rocked up on my last day off but managed to get them all installed and also got all the glass back in.... polished a lot of the finer scratches out but there are still some deep ones left from the outer belt rubbers going rock hard.. ill see how they look with tint on them and then see if i need new glass or not.not much else got delivered so still waiting on badges and clips ect.

here are a couple of project cars ol'mate that sprayed my car owns. the GT was painted about 8yrs ago and the HR was only done just before my car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 weeks off work after tonight cant wait going up north shooting pigs and mustering goats then cruise back home through camerons corner.... the old girl is just gonna have to wait under the cover till i get back (SLEs are no good off road anyway)