Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
Nice mate looks great done a great job!! Looking forward to seeing it with its motor in now :D

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Must say. Looking good Kempy. Did u get rid of any holes that arnt necessary. I want to, but iv got a 6 and don't know wot holes are needed and not needed for an 8.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
hey hatch the colour is impulse blue(from VZ commodore) with a bit of blue pearl added. got him to make up 4lt of it so the whole car will match when i do the rest at about christmas.

and magnet as for the holes i have filled them all in except the holes for the brake hard lines ... so ill end up drilling holes in it everywhere to secure cabels and stuff... but ill be making it neater then factory so all the hole locations will be different to stock if that makes sence. it takes a lot longer then i thought it would to smooth everything but i think it is worth it in the end.

Reaction score
Members Ride
the new walbro intank pump rocked up today so ill be pulling out the old one and inspecting the inside of the tank.. its been sitting around for a while with everything taped up but ya never know... does anyone know if i will have to use a special paint to paint the tank

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Wow...! Look tops:)
But dude, no no no! Don't put crap on the strut towers after you've smoothed it all! Hide those resivours...

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah mate thought long and hard about that and i still want everything to be easily accessable. plus heaps of people run into over heating problem with aftermarket resivours because they hide them below the engine and trap air pockets and they dont have a bleed point so the resivour has to be the highest point of the cooling system.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ran into a little problem with the walbro because the tank was from a s1 VN that has the 2 pump system . but after some cutting and swearing and stratigicly placed hose clamp its all back in and working well :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
also finished off the rocker covers. engine cover just needs the lettering done once i decide on the plates i get if i go that way or just get something like 355i not sure yet.

P7240073.jpg

P7240075.jpg