Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
well just waiting for a bottom radiator hose then its all systems go ( i hope) . just need to order a custom cable with inline speed sensor today and thats pretty much it for the front end. pulled off the back of the 10 bolt diff i was told was a LSD only to find it is a open diff so gonna try and sort that out with who i got it from.

picked up a set of pacemaker extractors for the rig aswell they look so much better then the stock hsv headers i have plus its easier to set up a twin system with the pacemakers. anyone got ceramic coated extractors is it worth the $400 i got quoted to get it done?

I'd also like to know this..

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
after reading a bit of info it looks like it drops exhaust temps by 100c... thats got to make things under the bonnet a lot better... pacemaker in adelaide do it so at least i dont have to send them far.... but im pretty keen on getting this motor started.

bottom radiator hose rocked up and fits like a dream so the only thing stopping me now is hooking up the oil pressure light and check engine light the acc power and its all systems go... also the speedo cable has been ordered and should get it this week sometime

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
i bet your itchin to crank that thing over, i dont play the waiting game too well....mines been out of action for 8wks and ive got the sh1ts already haha
u gota load a vid when it firing!

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha ill try to remember to get a vid on start up.... i kind of dont want to start it yet because then ill want to drive it and i still havent sorted out my diff and tailshaft yet... ive done a lot of mods to the loom hiding wires and having it all in my glovebox ect that im sure there will be a few electrical problems to get through trying to start it.

how long till yours is back running

Reaction score
Members Ride
IT'S ALIIIIIVE hahaha ... cheering no dramas at all fired up no worries... neigbours loved bedding in the cam straight out the extractors

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Congrats mate! I'm very envious:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
got the rear widow panel all cut out yesterday and it looks pretty straight forward to weld in the rust panel from rare spares. found a bit of cancer but nothing to major. i want to get all the boot area finished so that i can put in the fuel tank and run lines ect.

Reaction score
Members Ride
picked up a rebuilt VL turbo LSD diff disk to disk including calipers and gave it a coat of paint as it was painted gold hahah. the 10 bolt i had that was supposed to be LSD turned out to be an open lucky i could take it back with a full refund . feel much better with the stronger turbo diff. got all the nolathane bushes i need and the rear king springs arrived so hopefully get it installed these days off.

Reaction score
Members Ride
speedo cable with in line 2 pulse speed sensor rocked up today... looks like its going to be a busy lot of days off :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
well the old 8 bolt is out and the new VL turbo diff is in along with new king springs, monroe gt shockies, all nolathane bushes and heavy duty upper control arms... everything painted black and looking killa... got some pics but left camera at home

also welded in the rear rust panel under rear windshield from rare spares.. just a little bit of clean up of some welds and add a few more tacs when i get more gas

modified the throttle cable bracket as i wasnt happy with the amount of adjustment when hooked upto the VH accelerator pedal.

new heater core in and all hooked up after making a joiner to delete the heater tap the 5lt normally run. got a alloy radiator and a set of twin thermo fans mounted to it just need to hook up the davies craig electric thermal switch. most of the dash is back together including the cluster ect.