Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenwood, Any good?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Jaycar's response amps have a reputation as having excellent bang for buck, but there is obviously better available if you have the money. The cost to improve car stereo systems goes up exponentially with quality unfortunately.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Ive always run with Kenwood gear since I started driving. I think Kenwood havent done themselves any favours by selling kitchen appliances, it has cheapened their name. I have a Kenwood minidisc player in my car and it has lasted over 7 years so far and been transplanted into 7 cars. Their subs are good, I ran a pair of 10s on a 750w amp and you could hear it a block away. Ive got the tickets to prove it!.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
J_D said:
Ive always run with Kenwood gear since I started driving. I think Kenwood havent done themselves any favours by selling kitchen appliances, it has cheapened their name. I have a Kenwood minidisc player in my car and it has lasted over 7 years so far and been transplanted into 7 cars. Their subs are good, I ran a pair of 10s on a 750w amp and you could hear it a block away. Ive got the tickets to prove it!.

start talkin' dBs they have a bit more meaning :p. Out of curiousity how much do you have to pay if your fined with excessive noise from a car stereo?

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I had a Kenwood KDC3021 headunit running the standard spakers and tweeters, with a Kenwood 12" sub and Kenwood 2 channel amp (can't remember the model numbers now). The sub was loud and I never had problems with any of it.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Brycestro said:
Does that come in both original and hot and spicy?
man you have been on a posting binge, you post whore!:p

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brycestro said:
start talkin' dBs they have a bit more meaning :p. Out of curiousity how much do you have to pay if your fined with excessive noise from a car stereo?

No idea bout dB's but was the loudest stereo in Ipswich at the time.

The fine at that time (2001) was 120 and no points. No doubt its more than that now and probly points too.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
garfa said:
man you have been on a posting binge, you post whore!:p

Hehe i've seen your post binges too. Last night ya look at the first seven or so threads at the top of the audio section and last post was all garfa then i posted in most of em early in the morn which changed em all to Brycestro then Semi posted in a bunch of em later in the morn. You post harvester you :p

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Brycestro said:
Hehe i've seen your post binges too. Last night ya look at the first seven or so threads at the top of the audio section and last post was all garfa then i posted in most of em early in the morn which changed em all to Brycestro then Semi posted in a bunch of em later in the morn. You post harvester you :p

hey, dont bring me into this :p