Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenwood, Any good?

statesman_wagon89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Statesman Wagon( written off) VN calias 5 speed
Does anybody out there run a kenwood sub or amp?
im thinking of buying a Kenwood KFC-W3514DVC sub, and wanted to know if Kenwood has a good name around subs or not.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
I think you'll find they have an "average" name. They're certainly not considered the pinnacle of audio but they're not considered utter rubbish either.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
just listen dont use brands to compare! i would rather boss or sony if it sounded beter than dls or focal. beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or ear!)

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
garfa said:
just listen dont use brands to compare! i would rather boss or sony if it sounded beter than dls or focal. beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or ear!)

Yeah i agree with that, except there are sometimes where things will be clear cut crap. Obviously a $15 set of fake name rip off splits is going to sound nowhere near as good as a $500 set of decent splits and if you think they do then your probably an extremely rare individual. Sure within a certain range of equipment where there's slight variations someone might find one thing sounds better than another, but then you have extremes where they'll be a strong general concensus that one thing sound better than the other. The whole thing is subjective, but if 99 people tell me speaker A sounds better than speaker B and one person tells me speaker B sounds better than speaker A i'd probably choose speaker A.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
true that, but can you see what i mean? whats a brand name between pioneer, kenwood, jvc or anyother main stream brand?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Yeah i get where your coming from garfa. It's just a see it said alot and worry that some won't be able to decipher that there's still a clear difference between good and shite that your probably gunna hear no matter who you are and what your preference is. Anyways, happy speaker hunting.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
all i know is the new kenwood 1200w subs are better than the 1500w subs.