Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenwood Blaupunkt Harness in GTO

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GTO, VS S3 Ute, WB UTE, J10 Jeep
Done a search of this forum and others but can't find what I am lookin for.
Need some help please.

Got A VY GTO and want to replace the stock Blaupunkt 6 Disc HU with a Kenwood DD

What I am chasing is some wiring advice.

I know what most of the wires are but there is a few that have me stumped on the factory Harness for Blaupunkt. also there is a another terminal on the cars harness that I have no idea what it is for
These 3 wires

1. UART = ?
2 BATT CONT = ?
3. NO Desciption on the sticker on top of Blaupunkt Deck, every other terminal is accounted for but this 1

The only thing I can think it would be is a external amp wire ,as I think my car has a factory amp somewhere?

For the Kenwood unit DDX6039 I am NOT whats the diff between the following wires

1. P. CONT wire = Power control wire for AMP

2. EXT.CONT wire= it says in the manual it is To EXT.AMP.CONT terminal of the amplifier having the external amp control function

What is the diff between the P.CONT wire and the EXT.CONT wire please

Any help you can give me please.
Thanks for your help in advance

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone got some ideas

Got a pic of the plug

Attachments

• Blau HU.JPG
    Blau HU.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 5,941
Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
I would say it is for th amp remote wire... even though you may not have an amp it may be an OEM inbuilt feature into the HU, as many are.

Battery Continuous... meaning + all the time.
UART may be "FART" --- though will have a look in our reference materials.

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the reply

Got another question if you don't mind.

I have a aerpro APP7201 plug so the unit can be plugged directy into the cars harness

on the Aerpro plug it has the aerial wire and the mute wired bridged together.
Why are they bridged?

And is the mute wire the wire for handsfree or something else?

thanks for your help

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Thanks for the reply

Got another question if you don't mind.

I have a aerpro APP7201 plug so the unit can be plugged directy into the cars harness

on the Aerpro plug it has the aerial wire and the mute wired bridged together.
Why are they bridged?

And is the mute wire the wire for handsfree or something else?

thanks for your help

That plug is for the VX-VZ we also carry all of these as stock... but it is a universal adaptor... mainly for AUDI and Volkswagen..... so hence the bridge.

To answer your question.

what usually happens on the audi/ volks is if the mute is interrupted from the Hands Free it cuts the Radio and shuts down the Aerial and Radio - muting it.... think it should do the same on your VY

Yes mute is for the handsfree so it cuts the radio when you receive a call.

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
That plug is for the VX-VZ we also carry all of these as stock... but it is a universal adaptor... mainly for AUDI and Volkswagen..... so hence the bridge.

To answer your question.

what usually happens on the audi/ volks is if the mute is interrupted from the Hands Free it cuts the Radio and shuts down the Aerial and Radio - muting it.... think it should do the same on your VY

Yes mute is for the handsfree so it cuts the radio when you receive a call.

So I cut the bridge so I can connect the mute wire from the Kenwood HU to the mute wire on the Aerpro plug?

I have a Nokia handsfree already installed in the car and it woorks perfect with the factory HU. And i would like the hansfree to work with the new Kenwood HU i am going to have installed?

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
So I cut the bridge so I can connect the mute wire from the Kenwood HU to the mute wire on the Aerpro plug?

I have a Nokia handsfree already installed in the car and it woorks perfect with the factory HU. And i would like the hansfree to work with the new Kenwood HU i am going to have installed?

That should work, because when the handsfree activates it sends a signal to the HU via the wire, if the aerial was connected as well on that bridge it would also power up the aerial not down.

Cheers

Wkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Stato
That pin is Uart 2... i put an aftermarket head unit in my wk and it came with an adapter that plugs into the existing harness. It does not use batt cont, uart, tel mute, uart2, tel Af+ or tel af- and everything works fine ( i think all of those might have something to do with telematics and my stato doesnt have that)