Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenwood vs JVC

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You obviously have not researched sound reproduction with new head units.

LoL Sound reproduction...
If you have any idea of quality, You wouldnt attempt to defend a .mp3

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
You obviously have not researched sound reproduction with new head units.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to my music as well, try to have at least flac or originals in the car. My head unit does have a 'multi-harmonizer' function which apparently cleans up a lot of the artefacts introduced when running mp3s. While it does a good job of cleaning them up I've found it also kills a few of my highs at certain frequencies :cry: This is coming from an 'sq headunit' as well. Don't get me wrong I still have the odd mp3 disk lying around in the car when I feel like a mix of music, but nothing beats an original disc (preferably one not pressed in Australia!)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
truly Hozy if you have any idea of sound reproduction you wouldn't bother trying to get high levels of quality in the car....

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
truly Hozy if you have any idea of sound reproduction you wouldn't bother trying to get high levels of quality in the car....

I agree, but its always fun to try and get close!

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
You don't aim for sound reproduction, you aim for sonic bliss. Completely accurate sound production is impossible in the car environment. Creating sonic bliss on the other hand... thats what I do.

Would you like some? :)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You don't aim for sound reproduction, you aim for sonic bliss. Completely accurate sound production is impossible in the car environment. Creating sonic bliss on the other hand... thats what I do.

Would you like some? :)

Im sorry but that was the best business pun I've heard in forever... :thumbsup: Off too explore your website I go ^_^

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
A car isn't a sound studio, but it doesn't take a very good ear to tell the difference between a 128kbit MP3 and a FLAC file (or equivalent).

At the end of the day MP3, for all it's merits, is a lossy compression, and the more you push the bitrate, the more sound you loose, and the worse it sounds. When you start talking 256+kbit MP3s in a car you might struggle to tell them apart from the original, but on a decent setup it will be possible.

Head_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sedan
I would go with JVC myself.. It's not at all **** quality...

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I'm happy with a semi basic setup.. tweeters in/around dash, front and rear speakers, and two subs...

obviosuly amped etc etc