Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

key barrel removal - HELP

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Pub24/7 said:
I bought a puller from super cheap then took it back and said it didn't work after i was finished to save me money.

A really ethical thing to do. :bop:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Thanks slim i'm a top bloke who doesn't like big rip-off places like super cheap they make enough money what's $10 to them? they'll just re-sell it anywayi
White vc can you get it to accessories ?
If you can you might be able to run a wire from the + terminal to the starter motor to start it.
If you can't i'd say it a mission to get the barrel out.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
it doesnt make it to the first click.. im gonna look into getting a puller..

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I can tell you how to start your car without the key mate ifthat helps, though i hope your steering wont lock on yah, but through pm.. theives these days :(

ps. ill take a quick look at my book.

9C1pack

Reaction score
I had trouble, the manual said insert a pin in the hole, I could not find where this hole was any where. It turned out that the alloy had not been cast properly and there was a thin layer of alloy with just a small hole visible, I used a screw driver to scrape it away and enlarge the hole. It was years ago and a bit faded in the memory now. hope this helps

9C1pack

Reaction score
Hint. Go a buy a steering wheel puller, they are cheap and will save you form damaging the steering column. In a crash if your body is thrown on to he steering wheel it collapses toward the dash to absorb the impact and not smash your chest. If you are use excessive force like pulling or hitting it while trying to remove the wheel you can damage it. (I did)

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
As 9C1pack said. The casting covers a hole that you push the clips of the barrel in, which allow you to pull the barrel out with minimal hassel. Just break the casting with a screw driver.

When you pull the barrel out take note of the position that the gear is in, which is on the end of the barrel, other wise you will have trouble with your ignition locations.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Alright guys.. had another look today.. turns out the barrell is fine.. it was the switch it connects to.. fell to pieces when the cover was removed.. all fixed n running.. BIG thanks to ucweapn & s0sage!! :D