Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key fob

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Hi all first time on ve foroums i have been on the vf one though. Just bought a ve sv6 ute just wondering if anyone nows if the key fob can be changed to one like the vf were the key folds into the fob.. the ve one doesn't it's just a lot easier with the vf one in your pocket. Cheers all

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Flip keys are available for VE.

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
I been quoted around $300 for the flip key which needs to be programmed
and they said they need access to the car.
You can get replacement genuine remote and key (flip key that is) for under $200 from ebay. Get the genuine remote and key, I tried the Chinese remote housing to replace my word remote, they are ok, but plastic is quite hard.

If you have your original documentation for your car, there is a security number the automotive locksmith can use. They can also use your current key. Access to the car is needed to pair the keys to the car.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I got an after market on from eBay via a Locksmith and has it cut to code, and programmed it in,
And have it as my everyday key, and hasn't missed a beat.

I also got hold of a Flip Key Shell/Housing off eBay, and converted my non-flip key into a flip key using the original blade,
Mind you, the housing where the blade was moulded into was cracked, as it had been opened a few times to replace the battery, and been dropped a few times,
In saying that, after 1/2 hour of labour, and fitting the blade to the Flip Key Shell,
Then transferring the ID Chip, and the Electronics over to the new shell,
the rest is history.

Last edited: