Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key Pairing Tool

ZM1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi,

I have a 2007 Manual VE SV6, and I have a key that has unpaired itself (will not unlock remotely), however it will still start the car when put into the ignition.

I am wondering if anyone can repair the key with the correct tool as I do not have a spare?

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Changed the battery in the key? That sounds more like a flat battery in the key than not being paired anymore.
Make sure you put battery in the correct way as well otherwise it won't work.

ZM1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I believe it may be pairing as when j changed the battery, I also changed the key shell as it was broken, and started the car without that magnet in the key, which set off the alarm. I have now since been using that with the key however it does not unlock the car anymore. As well, everytime I unlock the car the alarm sounds until I put the key into the ignition.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
If the key goes into the ignition and starts the car and the alarm stops then the key is paired.
If the key does not unlock the doors then the battery is flat or in the wrong way or you damaged the circuit board or you just put the key together wrong - take your pick but it is one of the 4 reasons listed.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
if you only have one key goto Mr minuate and get him to rebuild your other key or make you a new key before something happens the whole event shouldn't cost you more than $100.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
if you only have one key goto Mr minuate and get him to rebuild your other key or make you a new key before something happens the whole event shouldn't cost you more than $100.
^^^ This. If you lose your one remaining working key or it stops working then your screwed and you’re in the hands of the stealerships who charge an arm and a leg for new keys.

Just take it to Mister Minute (or similar company) and get them to sort it out.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi,

I have a 2007 Manual VE SV6, and I have a key that has unpaired itself (will not unlock remotely), however it will still start the car when put into the ignition.

I am wondering if anyone can repair the key with the correct tool as I do not have a spare?

In a previous post, I mentioned I had a std VE Key just fail/loose transmission signal out of the blue,
and used the spare.

I have repaired a couple of keys for a few members,
Its not hard to fix them.

What area you located ?
If you like, you can drop the keys off, and collect them them when ready
or
post them, and I can post them back (at your cost).

Side note:
For a JC's member in Perth, (@hsvluva), he had a non flip Key he wanted to convert to a Flip Key,
He sent the non flip key and a flip shell over, and I converted it for him, (he paid for the postage both ways).
The rest is history

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
• The key must have the transponder in it. It just won’t start with out it. The transponder is matched to only your vehicle. You may have changed the part of the shell that does not have it.

• Make sure the battery has 3v
• Make sure the battery is correct way around.
• Make sure there is nothing covering the sun sensor top centre of the dash. It acts as the IR receiver for the remote unlock function.

To pair the key to the car, it is a lock smith job, or a Tech2 job, or a bidirectional high end scan tool job, or it’s a mister minute job, or it’s a dealership job, or it’s a @krusing job.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is roughly what is involved. There is a couple of ways and this is one.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The transponder is in the section that has the key. It’s not in the circuit board that the battery fits too.