Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key problem

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
What QR code to Rick Astley? There’s no Rick Astley.
Scan the QR code above your handle and see where it goes.
1644364233020.png

Here's the link from that QR code

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Don’t know what your talking about.
1644382797740.gif

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
If the immobiliser is deactivated by using the unlock button on the key fob you can start it without the knob on your key. You can even start it with a vn type key, as long as the padlock isn’t flashing and it’s cut for the car. One thing I’ve been curious about is it actually data read by the bcm or just a certain resistance? Thru the slip ring obviously.
The remote receiver/sunload sensors are weird as, I’ve tried so hard to modify them to increase distance but never been successful, has anyone else tried?
Resistance was used by GM North American years ago. Realistically, one can only detect 16 bands of resistance accounting for temperature and dirty contacts. So not much extra security. Holden didn't adopt that idea. VY uses rolling codes like most cars.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Thanks for explaining that, I think I have read that before now in the factory manual but completely forgot. I often visit the gmtnation website and assume that our cars are setup the same. GM used passkey or something on the trailblazers which you just explained. I’ve always had a thought in my mind about wiring up something to start my car by holding down the unlock button for 2 secs which is the same as double unlock to open both doors. Wouldn’t be hard to do because our bcm has that function built in, could even wire in a relay to open the windows like a modern car and hold down the lock button to close them instead of the stock deadlock command. It can be done just hasn’t been a priority for me. Remote start wouldn’t be a security risk because the key disables the immobiliser and not one of those dodgy setups that wire in a key fob to the slipring. Thanks again

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Thanks for explaining that, I think I have read that before now in the factory manual but completely forgot. I often visit the gmtnation website and assume that our cars are setup the same. GM used passkey or something on the trailblazers which you just explained. I’ve always had a thought in my mind about wiring up something to start my car by holding down the unlock button for 2 secs which is the same as double unlock to open both doors. Wouldn’t be hard to do because our bcm has that function built in, could even wire in a relay to open the windows like a modern car and hold down the lock button to close them instead of the stock deadlock command. It can be done just hasn’t been a priority for me. Remote start wouldn’t be a security risk because the key disables the immobiliser and not one of those dodgy setups that wire in a key fob to the slipring. Thanks again
There are remote start kits already available.
I've seen them on ebay & facebook.

When you have the system, press the unlock button 3 times & car starts.

Here is a kit of facebook. https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:7fc9b2f0-ad98-4836-83ae-f7b04cb3dc5d

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Legend, I ordered one a few hours ago. Seems like you sold a handful for them. I got the second last one before they sold out. Thankyou, I look forward to pulling it apart, I’m guessing just 2 relays inside