Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key turn not responding

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Just noticing a few times lately when turn the key to start car nothing happens, no response

Obviously turn off then turn back, she starts fine, just a weird one, any one had this?

I will take battery off this arvo and reset bcm/ecu

Got a new key head about 4 months ago

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Try cleaning the key contact face around the barrel.

Skyjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Just noticing a few times lately when turn the key to start car nothing happens, no response

Obviously turn off then turn back, she starts fine, just a weird one, any one had this?

I will take battery off this arvo and reset bcm/ecu

Got a new key head about 4 months ago
Hi, I own two crewman 04 07 and a Ecotel 04 wagon. The crewman 07 had this issue, ended up being the starter.
The 04 Crewman had this issue, bench tested the starter to find it okay.
Now won’t turn over unless I earth out pole 86 on starter relay. The next attempt the key works turning over motor but not starting!!!
The ecotec 04 would not start! Ended up being the 4 amp wire fell off the starter motor. I think I also have a power drain on the battery to be sorted out. Along the way I learnt if you have lights on the dash and you can feel movement in the starter relay you have starter motor issues. If you don’t have lights on the dash bar the red flashing one you may have key contact issues. Also I have read the power to the starter at the starter end corrodes under the rubber boot. All input is welcome as my 04 Crewman is still not running. Hope this helps, good luck. I have had auto sparks quote body management systems Computer issues. One guy even said seat belt sensor faulty would cause my issues!!