Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keyless Entry

M

micheledip

How hard is it to remove the driver and passenger locks and replace then with just the handles without the lock on then??

Is there any thing else you have to do to make it keyless?

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I think atleast one of the front doors has to have a lock, so I was told when I enquired about it.

B

boss

You should be able to change the passenger side rather easily. Not to sure of the drivers side, but one key hole sould be handy. Its helped me out everytime my locking has stuffed up.

M

micheledip

what do you have to do to take off the handles is there screws holding then in??

V

vsBerli

From what i understand doing this will disable the dead locks installed, which are manually operated by turning your key fully anticlockwise in the drivers door.

D

death-from-above

Unless its a show car your gonna spend a fair bit of money for a mod that is quite disfunctional and time consuming. However if you like it go for it!!

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
keep in mind you would also lose the Deadlock function.....that is if the VR's have that

M

micheledip

what about doing the driver passenger door lock can that be removed and replaced with a normal handle like a VS

is that easy to do