Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kickdown switch bracket on vb sle

TangosSLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sle 4.2
Hi I'm wanting to know if the kickdown switch on a vb sle is connected to a bracket which is connected to the accelerator pedal.I can see my switch but there's nothing there to activate it,if so has anyone got a picture of what it looks like can't seem to find a pic anywhere thanks Paul.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi I'm wanting to know if the kickdown switch on a vb sle is connected to a bracket which is connected to the accelerator pedal.I can see my switch but there's nothing there to activate it,if so has anyone got a picture of what it looks like can't seem to find a pic anywhere thanks Paul.

The kickdown is done via a module on the back of the gearbox, which has a vacuum hose running upto a 3 way T-piece (I think it's 3 way) at the back of the manifold...

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
https://www.holdspares.com.au/assets/full/SH10243.jpg?20200624030702
thats how it looked on hx i thought commodore had electric kickdown the same switch I couldn't find a commodore version online in the 5 minutes i looked. i thought trimatic and turbo 400 had electric kickdown maybe not turbo 350 but probably have that wrong not like I've seen one in the last 10 years. I think there is a picture of the same switch in the Gregorys vc commodore book.