Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kicker 08ZX350 4 Channel Amp protection light flashes

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
so i installed my new head unit after it got replaced because the otehr one was faulty and on my Kicker 08ZX350 4 Channel Amp, it flashes red around every 5 seconds, any idea why ?? also it does not turn on

thanks

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
What does the red light indicate on the amp? Have you checked solid grounds etc? Though considering the problem came at the same time as your new headunit, have you checked the remote wire is hooked up to the remote wire of the headunit etc?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/2008 ZX 350 450 550 850-2 d01 web.pdf

not overly helpful, if its a yellow light, id check conections and battery voltage

but, id take a guess that when you fried the old headunit, it fried the amp aswell, having both amp and headunit outputs hooked to the speakers at the same time.

disconnect all the speaker wires from the amp, and pull them fuse and put it back in, check theres power at the remote wire, and see if it fires up

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
If you can't remove the lower dash panels to check the headunit wiring, i would take it to a professional.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
if only i new where the shop wired the remote wire to that time wen it got installed ages ago... i havnt found a way to remove the front dash panels yet hehe
??
erm...as sweefu said may be time to take it to a professional.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
where in perth u located? if u need a hand pulling ur dash appart i could give u a hand, its quiet simple. might b able 2 trouble shoot where ur remote wire is.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
yeah that would be a good idea.. but umm i just got some fuses and stuff and now it caught on fire.. from the inside.. @ what hakhawk said i believe the faulty unit wrecked the amp, now i got my speakers conencted to the deck and it sucks balls!

it didnt blow the fuses either just started smoking

Last edited: