Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kicker 08ZX350 4 Channel Amp protection light flashes

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Man i'd really take it to a shop to have everything thoroughly checked over, sounds like you have a series of problems here.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
yeah maybe i will, i never touched the wiring to that amp when the shop installed it so. i didnt mess anything up, but umm maybe some time i will when i get some cash, they said they charge $110 an hour and i was like yeah umm il come back wen i can pay (before i changed the fuses etc etc, all they were goin to do was test it with a diff head unit and stuff) but now they will probs just say if its still under warrenty take it back to the shop just like they said about the head unit wen it was faulty

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
big lesson learnt here i guess, tho where r u gettin all this tested from 2 charge that much?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
get what you pay for?
maybe try finding a different shop if they installed it all badly...and probably dont
mess around with stuff if you dont really know what you are doing :s

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
umm the shop is like the best one here, i got the job amp installed at a shop called JB Hi Fi, they charge a bit less and THEY DO NOT SOLDER the wires which i thought was pretty stupid and the shop i went to with the amp was Alberts car stereo whch are expensive but they do a really good job i have even see them work on a lamborghini i was like DAMN but anyway i dont think it is on warrenty any more because i brought it ages ago back when i was on my leaners and i havnt touched it since they installed till the other day wen it stoped working

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Yeah but working on a lambo ppl would treat it different 2 an every day commo so they would have 2 b picky with wat they do. Not saying thats how they treat their jobs but it can happen.

Was only last week i did a job 4 a guy that wanted puddle lights in his doors and was warning about sound deadner so i may have probs working with it. Turns out an alberts store did the work there was no deadner in the car wat so eva, drivers side speaker was done properly wiring it through the doors gromet with seperate wiring, the other side was just wired 2 the original stereos wiring :S they used MDF spacers 4 the guys splits which isnt a problem but they should b sealed. water was gettin on them some how causing them 2 start swelling. so somtimes it does pay 2 check the work thats been done, now this guy is furious coz he paid 4 deadner and 2 have a good simple job done he now has 2 spend extra fixing up the problems.

neways check ur receipts u might b supprise it could b still in warrenty? its worth a shot.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
yeah i mean wen i saw a lambo here in Morley, just looking at the car turned me on hehe na jks but u get it? umm yeah i did work experience there for 1 week with the skool in yr 10 and they have changed employers/employers but that store seem like a good place, but anyway some1 up there said i dont no what im doing ^ umm i think i do, because putting the 8 gauge power cables in and then the remote wire then putting the battery terminals in and the rca and speaker wires were out, and it started smoking so.. i believe i did connect it right.. and test it right, something is wrong with it inside, i cant go openining it up having a look in side or even the audio installers wouldnt know, its one of them things you need to take it back to the manufacturer and get there technicians to have a look at it, i am just going to buy a new amp i think, i might get a matching 1 to my sub amp then get better speakers so0o0o0o thanks ofr all the comments ^

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Is the power wire fused properly near the battery? And when you connected it did
You have the negative disconnected from the battery?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
um yeah the 8 gauge fuse/holder never touched either but yeah i checked if it was in properly, i connected it when both terminals was off the battery

even if it is on fire inside of the amp, most likely it will not turn on without repairing it

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
because putting the 8 gauge power cables in and then the remote wire then putting the battery terminals in and the rca and speaker wires were out, and it started smoking so.. i believe i did connect it right
which way did you connect the battery terminals back up? im pretty sure your supposed to go positive negative.
also is the earth from your amp in a good place?
and what size fuse is on your 8 awg near your battery did that blow?
are there fuse in the side of amp? if so did any of them blow?
Where did you get the trigger wire from? you said you didnt know how to pull
your dash apart, are you sure its the trigger wire you have hooked up?
I have a jb hi fi here too they go alright...I prefer wow though...Dunno
if you have them where you are.