Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kicker L7 and amp

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah the 800wrms for the one amp would be good, but the 1200wrms at 1-ohm for 2 subs wouldn't really be pushing the L7s. They are rated at 750wrms but can easily enough handle 1000wrms.

I got 2 dual 4-ohm L7s and I'm running two Cadence amps that make 1400wrms when bridged. I chose bridged because it saved my matching the settings on the two amps. So maybe think about two amps that could be bridged.

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Yeah i dont want to under power them and damage them. I was lookin at getting 1000watts to each sub

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
A pair of PPI 2000.1 might work well for you here. Reason being? PPI is going bye bye so everyone is trying to get rid of their stock. 1kwrms@1ohm

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah i dont want to under power them and damage them. I was lookin at getting 1000watts to each sub

Underpowering doesn't kill subs. Underpowering and tuning badly kills subs. A lot of newbies and tossers who just want doof doof to be noticed use the gain setting as a volume control and end up killing thier equipment.

To the OP how much would a Kicker 1500.1 cost you? I thought they were about $1500. I would rather get 2 of these http://www.ryda.com.au/Soundstream-PCX1500D-Picasso-Mono-Amplifier-p/pcx1500d.htm . $1360 and 2200wrms of power with each amp running at 2-ohm. L7s should (used loosely) take that much power all day.

Last edited:

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Ok cool i will have to look into it more

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Alternatively check out Joe Bellissimo's website you can get a SPL Dynamics S-2000D which has 1400wrms at 2-ohm (for the one sub) and 2000wrms at 1-ohm (for 2 subs). This would be a perfect amount for twin L7s, and being SPL Dynamics you know your getting quality gear. Talk to Joe Bellissimo and see what sort of price you can get, he seems like the helpful type.

But don't worry too much about getting massive amounts of power to these subs. Like I said I have 2 12" L7s with only 1400wrms in sealed boxes, and I'm getting windscreens flexing and steering wheel vibrations, hell I'm even getting my nostrils shaking, no kidding. And when I build the ported boxes I can reasonably expect nearly twice the volume, imagine what will happen then. I'll just sit on the middle console and get the best humjob of my life :p. If you even want to save a bit of coin the Option Audio OAX1502 is only $599 but still has 950wrms at 2-ohm and 1500wrms at 1-ohm, perfectly matched to the specs of the L7s.

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Lol your system sounds pretty crazy. Yeah i will def check out JOus site the SPL Dyanamics sounds like it could tbe the winner

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Thank you very much for the referral acarmody, I try to be helpful where possible :). Make sure you post up some videos when you finish the ported boxes! :D

Dan,

Heres the link: Shopping Secure - SPL Dynamics S-2000D

If there's anything you need to know about it that's not listed on my site just shoot me an email. I'll be out of the office until late tonight so emailing me is the easiest option since it goes straight to my BlackBerry like an SMS.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You put 2000wrms through 2 ported L7s and you better make sure there ain't any cracks in your windscreens. Also make sure you don't mess around with tones at high volumes.....while your still in the car, trust me not that pleasent.

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Yeah i had a look at the amp is looks like the one. I dont know what type of box i want to put them in yet. Not sureif i want ported or non ported