Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kilometer adjustment on dash

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
a guy that worked at my uncles car yard started to use those "magic" boxes to wind back the odometeres on the cars in the yard.. unfortunately he fled the state and my uncle was there to cop the fine of $26,000 and a further $15,000 per car with a total of 16 cars.. he also lost his traders lisence.. to turn back an odometre without getting fined i think u need a stat dec from the cops stating the original km's so b careful what you say dr bob haha

i repair instruments as part of my job, its a bit different doing it in a caryard to 16 cars, he deserved everything he got. What he was doing was illegal.

Rob

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i dont think u read that properly.. my uncle got charged cause sumone else who worked there did it and fled the state.. thats fair **** ey.. so u rapair instruments? i have a level 3 vn cluster..on the petrol guage, i broke the lil thing that goes down into the guage that the needle attaches to.. can u get the fuel guage circut as a seperate part from somewhere or do i have to track down a new cluster

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i think you can still buy the guage new from Holden
if not theres plenty of lvl3 clusters around that have trip module problems so you should be able to get a fuel guage from somewhere.

so your uncle owned the yard & didnt know the people working there were whizzing odometers?

Rob

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
is there an difference between the actual fuel gauge in a Vn and Vr? cause i have a spare one with no needle from a VR if you are interested.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
um if it work im interested:).. um i was wanting to get the whole new cluster n e way cause the screens are fcuked on mine.. u cant get them new im a parts interperator at holden and i checked the microcat already.. if anyone knows someone whos selling a level 3 cluster can u pm me please? ive checked my local wreckers and the dont hav n e and i dont hav the time to drive! thanks

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
can you list all the part numbers for the trip display module for all the VN VP VR VS L3 clusters please, i know theres a different number for the V6 & V8 ones, im trying to find out exactly what the difference is.

Cheers Rob