Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Spring L/H and R/H ??

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hey there,

Recently i had a thread up about my commodore vs sitting unevenly and slightly to the side.

So i went to pedders and the guy said the panhard rod only adjusts the car side to side.. not up and down, so now i have 2 problems..

- Panhard rod needs adjusting
- Springs sitting uneven

I noticed when looking at my front springs that the passenger side has the R/H spring in it and the drivers side has L/H.

Does R/H stand for Right Hand and L/H Left hand???

- Could it be maybe the R/H spring is stiffer therefore having it on the passenger side will make it rise causing the opposite side at the rear to sag?

- Or maybe the pedders guy dosent know what his talking about and its just the panhard rod? just like what everyone was saying on my old thread..

- The rear springs need swapping?

I have many assumptions as to why my car might be sitting how it is which is why i dont want to stuff around to much changing ****..

To be safe should i just take out all the springs and redo it properly having the R/H springs on the right side and L/H springs on the left side?

Thanks fellas.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yes R/H and L/H stand for left and right. No its not the panhard rod as that is only sideways movement, it freely moves up and down.

Check the springs code, should be written on the spring, just make sure they match.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
the r/h coil is a tad higher to compensate as there is always someone in the drivers seat and it evens out, should only be about 5mm max between l to r.