Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs fail a RWC?

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
My car is ALMOST completely roadworthy, getting it done within the next 2 weeks.
I have a very light tint on my Altezza clear tail-lights, which failed as they were the incorrect external colour. Reguardless that I have the right coloured globes etc.
Which prompts me to think, Will Holden be ####s and fail my car now that I've done all the work on the RWC required to pass, but I'm contemplating throwing in my Brand new Monroe GT Lowered rear shocks along with my Brand new SL rear King Springs. Bringing the Wagon 50mm below stock height. And since I'm choosing to do my lowering properly with trusted shocks & springs. Will Holden look at it as a lowered P Plater car so therefore its a "no no!" or will they see it for what it is, a lowered car, within the safe legal laws?

Thanks.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Will Holden look at it as a lowered P Plater car so therefore its a "no no!" or will they see it for what it is, a lowered car, within the safe legal laws?

just out of curiosity.
what would make you think because its a p plate car they would do anything different?

if its within the legal limit of the law then its fine.
however if its below the legal limit (which from my knowledge is 100mm and 2/3rds original travel) then they would fail it.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
What has HOLDEN got to do with your commodore that needs a RWC ???

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My car is ALMOST completely roadworthy, getting it done within the next 2 weeks.
I have a very light tint on my Altezza clear tail-lights, which failed as they were the incorrect external colour. Reguardless that I have the right coloured globes etc.
Which prompts me to think, Will Holden be ####s and fail my car now that I've done all the work on the RWC required to pass, but I'm contemplating throwing in my Brand new Monroe GT Lowered rear shocks along with my Brand new SL rear King Springs. Bringing the Wagon 50mm below stock height. And since I'm choosing to do my lowering properly with trusted shocks & springs. Will Holden look at it as a lowered P Plater car so therefore its a "no no!" or will they see it for what it is, a lowered car, within the safe legal laws?

Thanks.

The laws are very black and white with regards to legality. Check out the Vicroads website for a comprehensive guide however for lowered cars, it must be min 100 above the ground (fully laiden) and still retain 2/3 original suspension travel. The latter (or both) is where many lowered cars fail unless you run coil overs or similar. There are a few RWC areas where opinion does come into it but for lowered vehicles it's a yes/no proposition with compliance.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Since when did Holden do RWC?

They certify that each and every new vehicle they sell complies with all ADR's and relevant safety requirements :p. Dealerships will RWC their own cars and many also will do customer cars - just another revenue channel for their workshop really.

Reaper

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Complaining that your gay-ass Altezza tail lights, which you then went and made more shocking by tinting didnt make roadworthy.

Regardless you have the right coloured globes? Because that's all that you need roadworthy wise????

You may aswell get some plastic bags and wrap the globes with them. Hell, it would look better than Altezza's. In ANY form.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You take a VN to holden for RWC ? oh dear, thats a silly move.
( not because there's anything wrong with Holden, but because they will fail you on everything thats not spic and span and won't let you get away with anything. Their RWC license is worth more than your VN so they don't care how many times they fail you.