Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

James19

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SIDI Ute
This has just left me unsure of what i want to do.
I currently have a VE SV6 SIDI UTE with 20" advanti tourers.
I am leaning towards SSSL rears, and unsure for the front as we speak.
can anyone tell me if you can drive over a standard curb in car park with SSSL fronts, and secondly what springs should i get to match the SSSL rears

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i dont get it ..... why do you have lower springs on the front and higher springs on the rear ... should it be the other way around???? because the boot is higher?

Thats what I want to know... they all seem to look alright however. My guess is that front and rear springs have different heights.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
This has just left me unsure of what i want to do.
I currently have a VE SV6 SIDI UTE with 20" advanti tourers.
I am leaning towards SSSL rears, and unsure for the front as we speak.
can anyone tell me if you can drive over a standard curb in car park with SSSL fronts, and secondly what springs should i get to match the SSSL rears

You'll need to avoid kerbs, etc completely if you lower the car further than FE2. Either reverse into the park, or leave the arse of your car hanging out to be knocked off by someone in a Nimbus.

edit. This is with the SS/SV6 bar fitted.

Last edited:

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
just lowered a new thunder ss ute with sssl's all round will take a pic on my phone and see if i can post it up.

trent142

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 black sv6 ute
King springs: ssl front and sssl rear with shortened shocks

IMG00319.jpg

IMG00316.jpg

Last edited:

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
yeah i know they have different hights but havving sssl in the the front means it would sit lower due to the engine weight , and ssl in the rear means the rear would be sitting higher due to no engine wegiht..... :S this is ####ing crazy could some one please explain this once and for all?
Thats what I want to know... they all seem to look alright however. My guess is that front and rear springs have different heights.

shaunve

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS Sportwagon
Hey, just after a bit of advice. I've got an SS sportwagon with lovells low springs (SL's) on standard shocks, and although the car is level, it looks like the rear is sitting lower than the front due to a large gap between the tyre and front wheel arch. Could I fit SSL's to the front without changing the shocks or would that be too low for standard shocks?
It seems that others are fitting the lower springs to the rear in order to level out the arches, but I'm the opposite. Are the wagons different in some way?
Thanks,
Shaun.

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yeah i know they have different hights but havving sssl in the the front means it would sit lower due to the engine weight , and ssl in the rear means the rear would be sitting higher due to no engine wegiht..... :S this is ####ing crazy could some one please explain this once and for all?

As far as I'm aware the sizing is worked to suit the V8's with the heavier engine. So in a V8 you would get matching springs front and back (eg SSL front and SSL rear). However with the V6 engine being lighter you need to go a step lower in the front to keep the same stance (eg SSSL front and SSL rear).

This is the case for the sedans, utes could/should be different again.

VEII SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6 Ute
What springs: Walkinshaw Performance springs

What shocks: Stock

Lowered: 25mm front/rear

Ride quality: Fantastic. Still very smooth.
mycarvvp.jpg

Were from: Walkinshaw Performance

How much: $725

And model: SV6 Ute