Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

Webby.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Nice height Gigiddy. What are your spring part numbers?

elnightmare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2008
I'm getting SSSL rear (origional shocks) and SSL front for my ssv wagon will upload pictures on Thursday when it's finished :)

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
My VE V6 berlina dual fuel bit more weight in back(lpg tank)(Calais look alike)

SSSL fronts SSL rears with new shocks

hyjinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V International
New Suspension on my VE Calais

Hello

Not sure if this is still relevant but here goes…

2008 Calais V International, originally with the GM 19x8 wheels with (gag) Mayrun (may kill you) 245s all round.
I just finished installing new King Springs and shorter Monroe Shocks and SuperPro Roll Control Sway Bars.

I also now have a set of Genuine 20" VE HSV GTS Wheels 8" and 9.5" with Nitto Invos 245 and 275s. I wanted 255 & 285s but weren’t in stock in Australia.

What springs: FR SSSL RR SSL.

What shocks: Monroe GT Sports.

Ride height after: FR 370 RR 355 measured centre hub to wheel arch. The front is exactly what Jerry from King Springs told me. But the rear is 5mm lower. No issues as negative camber on the back helps. Guards have, as yet, not been rolled.

Wheel Alignment: FR 1.5 & RR 3.5 degrees negative camber.

Ride quality: With FR 35 and RR 30 profile the tyre pressures are very important. ATM FR 34psi RR 32psi (still a bit harsh so will try 32 & 30). It’s pretty good considering the suspension is much stiffer. Still avoiding manhole covers when I can. As far as handling is concerned, I live in the Adelaide Hills and there are some lovely tight 'S's. One in particular I previously couldn't take any faster than 40km/h and that was on the limit of understeer. I took it last night at 52km/h. The only problem was holding myself in the seat as I have leather seats and they don’t grip my butt. If I had a racing harness I could maybe do high 50s.

Were from: eBay for the suspension and a tyre place in Vic for the wheel/tyre combo.

How much: Springs and Shocks $625 delivered. Roll bars $425 delivered (incl FR Strut Brace, not fitted but was part of the deal). Wheels and Tyres $2460 delivered to SA.

And model: 2008 VE Calais V International V6 Auto.

Hope this is of some use to you guys.

Sorry for the crap quality of the photos :p

Cheers
Hyjinx

20151014_062259.jpg20151014_062248.jpg20151014_062239.jpg

lowcommofan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodre s2 5spd
Hey was reading bits of this but couldn't find what I was looking for has anyone got any photos of there SS ute lowered on super lows all round also is it leagal height I got a 3" exhaust just don't want to be defected as the cops like pulling me up being 20 with a SS I used to have ultra lows all round on my old sv6 ute and was defected lowest point was 80 mm is there any difference in the spring height from sv6 to SS and has anyone got 10" wide wheels with that setup how is it
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
My old sv6 ute and was defected lowest point was 80 mm is there any difference in the spring height from sv6 to SS and has anyone got 10" wide wheels with that setup how is it
Cheers

I think it's obvious then that's it's illegal in your state. SSL in both a V6 and V8 are the same height. I'm not sure why you want a pic with 10s on the back tho as wheel width doesn't affect ride height.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I think it's obvious then that's it's illegal in your state. SSL in both a V6 and V8 are the same height. I'm not sure why you want a pic with 10s on the back tho as wheel width doesn't affect ride height.

Think you have to add another S to the springs to get the V6 down to V8 height, in the kings catalogue

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
BLaKeE
Here is my VE with the low springs
I actually have for sale on Gumtree at the moment

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/...stralia Pittwater Area - Newport | 1092821663
]

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Think you have to add another S to the springs to get the V6 down to V8 height, in the kings catalogue

King super lows for V6 are the same height as King super lows the V8.

Unless your putting V6 springs in a V8 or sedan spring in a ute etc which wasn't the question. If I was worried about being to low I'd buy adjustable Coilovers and not just springs.