Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6

SHAYNE Kiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SSV Redline
Wow ! Sounds amazing maybe a bit overkill for the NZ streets

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wow ! Sounds amazing maybe a bit overkill for the NZ streets
The regular tein coilovers are around $2500 - $2600 here in NZ plus you’d need them certified too as they are ride height adjustable, I’m actually considering them for my VE SS at the moment does anyone have an opinion on tein or other brands of coilovers

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
The regular tein coilovers are around $2500 - $2600 here in NZ plus you’d need them certified too as they are ride height adjustable, I’m actually considering them for my VE SS at the moment does anyone have an opinion on tein or other brands of coilovers
I looked into them through Fulcrum here, some amazing kit and the research the factory did in developing road going coil overs surpasses Pedders only second to Holden / Monroe.
Full sports system is amazing, more street sports vs racing or suburban duty, cheaper set exists of course to compete with the mainstream Chinese / Korean plethora or shiny anodised kits.
Difference with Tein is investment in our car and Japanese high end tech.

Jasey Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss comodore ute
:boxing:

ultras(SSSL) all round. just sits above tyre on rear fronts heaps of clearance SSSL in a 6 drops it nothing. no scrubbing on rear with 9.5 genuine GTS' wheels. SSSL all round really isn't that low with 20s on 18s it's too low. if had an 8 id have SSL front SSSL rear cause SSL will be same as SSSL in 6.
81f85ccf.jpg

f27a7b9a.jpg
why do all peoples photos say " photo bucket " on them grrrrr the writing gets in the way of the picture dam it

VKDirector

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2009 VESSV
new poster here. been through the thread and liked all the advice.
I have 2009 ssv sedan, 20's and decided tentavilly on SSSL rear and SSL on the front with Monroe Shortened shock.
Thoughts and feedback please .
Cheers fellas

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can never understand why people would want to buy King springs?? They are shocking springs, especially with Monroe's....... A much better spring is only like 20 bucks a pair more.

Bevan Greenwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore 2008 v6 sedan
I have a 2008 ve commodore which has been lowered before I purchased it. Great car but just too low. It scrapes on my driveway and I have to be super careful going over gutters. Its been lowered with ssl king springs up front and sssl at the rear. I want to raise it a bit lower than standard. Just want to know what springs to replace the lowered ones with.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Get some Lovells, they come in a few different heights. They will feel so much softer than cheap-arse Kings yet handle just as well. Call Super Spares in Sydney they fit what they sell. They offered me Kings and I said Kings are junk. Bloke said ""yeah Lovells are a better spring"...... I now have Lovells front and back. I had stockies prior and the Lovells handle better and are 50x less harsh. I've had Kings and they were terrible......