Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs, is there anything missing here?

H

harrop.senator

And that's what I found. You have to get used to the Lovells because they have a different feel to stockers and feel a bit rolly at first, but when you know and become accustomed they handle really well. Over the terrible Tasmanian roads Lovells are a beautiful thing. WA has highways our highways are country roads and plenty of our roads that I used to daily were gravel, with corros.

Mate I've only lived in town for two years lol. All my coilovered cars were driven on one width paved roads with red dirt run off for when someone comes the other way and pot holes you could lose a child in haha. I think I'm just used to track cars and riding superbikes. The jiggles n wiggles don't phase me at least it's predictable haha .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I must be getting too old, I favour comfort over handling. I've owned bikes for 31 years and used to think the old RD with worn swing arm bushes handled really well when it was on the road. Now with emulators and trick rear twin shocks and everything tight, I freak out on the slightest bump at Symmonds doing a slow 140-150kph down the back. Yet when I was in my 20s I'd hook around Malalla doing 170 coming up to the corner, overtake and think not much of it. When I was younger again and it was a road going bike I lean it right over and feel safe enough when the rear end skipped while tipped into a corner on the road. Nowadays I barely get it into 6th.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
OK I'm hearing 'steer clear' here lol. OK maybe coilovers hey?... cars far too high even with 20's...

View attachment 228182

I reckon I can drop 2" without future probs?
Mine sits on SL rear Kings and SSL kings front. Absolutely hate them. Car bottoms out on everything. Wish I stuck with FE2. They have sagged a noticeably over the last 4years.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I tow a lot too... :oops:
and you want lowered springs?

I‘d have thought a better approach would have been some well engineered airbag system to adjust ride height along with adjustable shocks to provide more damping when you are loaded…

One of the Subaru sti’s editions sold in England had complex airbag suspension systemwhere ride height and effective spring rates were independently adjustable along with electronic adjustable shocks… rather cleaver by all accounts… It was a have your cake and eat it too solution, though I imagine it would have been costly.

No idea what the current state of play is with air suspension systems but something to consider while looking at the Audi in the video below :p

Just keep in mind that quality suspension isn’t just springs, it’s spring rates, dampers with compression and rebound damping matched to the springs along with bushes and such…

If you are looking at struts and all that is of interest is SSL’s, then you are missing the point…

Not intending to be rude but it‘s probably better to go to a quality suspension retailer and explain your needs and wants and have then create a package for you, maybe take you for a drive in some of their vehicles? It’s going to be more expensive but you should have guarantee :cool:

Buying stuff, presumably privately on the www, isn’t going to end well if you pick the wrong s
ring/damper package that someone just wants to offload and then have to find someone to install it. Guess I’m saying if you have to ask questions like “is there anything missing here” you probably need more than what a forum can offer…

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I have no idea... got sent these pics too...

View attachment 228183View attachment 228183

I googled 've ssl front sssl rear'... and comes back with some lovely looking cars lol, but yeah have had a low car and all that goin over speed bumps at 45 degrees and all the rest.

I tow a lot too... :oops:

I have SSSL's all around. You need to roll your rear guards, and maybe your front depending the wheels you get. I can still tow a full trailer load with them running 275/30/20 in the rear. Have to slow down on every speed bump. Get use to hearing scrapes lol. My cars mainly a weekend and Ive been driving low cars forever, so use to it.

I also have BC Gold Adjustables too and the driveability is waaaaaay better, Handles alot better over the kings. But because i have to certify my car with them, i pulled them out and still deciding what to do with them, as I want to get high spring rates up front if I do cert them.

P

Pauldw500

Do these look like rubbish anyone?

20211016_111446.jpg

P

Pauldw500

T
Rears wont fit a VE.
Thanks... altho now after asking this pic might be a 'general' pic. I took it from a page where the person is advertising 'supply and fit' these coilovers and maybe pic is general as I say.

He's quote $950 to supply and fit a 2009 VE...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Pauldw500 one can’t tell anything about suspension componemts by looking at photos…

One need to know spring rates, compression and rebound damping curves/rates just to have some idea how it could perform on a specific car… And this needs to be related back to Holden’s FE1, 2 & 3 suspension classification so one can relate to something they may have driven.

Also, photos don’t really show the quality of the steel/alloy used in construction so again such questions are misguided.

You could ask what people’s experience have been with certain brands and/or certain sellers/fitters but asking what they think of a non descript photo is a little misguided..

If you can identify what you are trying to achieve and what budget you have to spend, then people could recommend some options and fitters in Brisbane. But to ask about what someone thinks about a non descript photo?

Me, I think the composition and framing isn’t too bad but the lighting leaves the photo a little washed out :p:p:p