Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs Low Sedan. Ride Height-Useful Info. Clubsport V8

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Hi All.
For those of you like me who have super low's - 330mm Center Hub to Guard all round and its just too low for our crappy roads and just about scrape on everything who wish to increase the ride to the next step up but still keep low, this is what you need.

King Springs recommend V8 Sedan:

Front Springs KHFL-47HD = 360 mm from Center hub to Guard. This is "Sports Low" which is next down from FE2. But one up from Super Low. Raised 25-30 mm.

Rear Springs KHRL-125 = 360 mm from Center Hub to Guard. This is "Sports Low" which is next down from FE2. But one up from Super Low. Raised 25-30 mm

Although the fronts are for a V6, King Springs Tech Rep said "That the "HD" springs are made to suit Both Size engines. (Hence the HD= Heavy Duty for a V8, same height).
If you just ordered the KHFL47 This is for a V6 Sedan only". They also said that "KHFL47HD & KHRL125 (360mm) is a Combination that a Gold Coast Workshop did on a Lowered (330mm) V8 VY Clubsport (which is where mine sits) they put these raised Springs in and found it to sit even all round(360mm), still low but not too low to Bottom out, Scrape, no difference in handling and not as harsh". You can use these with any Lowered Shocks from FE2 down. Rear must have Camber Kit.

http://www.kingsprings.com/catalogue/kings_master_catalogue.pdf

Scott2301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I know i'm digging up an old thread, but this has been the most accurate description of what I want to achieve with my VYII SV8.
Currently have standard FE2 suspension set up and would like it just a bit lower (20mm or so)... But I also want to maintain a comfortable ride.

I've had low low cars before and really don't want to deal with all the crap that comes with it...

Anyone used the setup described in the post above and have pictures of what it looks like compared with standard FE2?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I know i'm digging up an old thread, but this has been the most accurate description of what I want to achieve with my VYII SV8.
Currently have standard FE2 suspension set up and would like it just a bit lower (20mm or so)... But I also want to maintain a comfortable ride.

I've had low low cars before and really don't want to deal with all the crap that comes with it...

Anyone used the setup described in the post above and have pictures of what it looks like compared with standard FE2?

This is pretty much what i am looking for with my VY2 SS. Looking for around 20mm drop from standard FE2.

Any suggestions for the both of us guys?

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
When I had FE2 springs fitted it sat 365mm front and rear. I tried to drop my ride height to 350mm. I rang King Springs to obtain the right spring codes. Below is my story.

King advised I use KHFL47 (low) front and KHFL46 (low) rear to obtain a ride height of 350mm all around.

Fitted KHFL47 in the front. Dropped it to about 335-340mm hub to guard. The ride is very stiff.

As for the rear, Kings advised I fit KHRL46. I now have 3cm clearance between the bumpstops. About 325mm hub to guard. Again, ride is harsh. I don't know how you guys with super and ultra low do it. No one makes aftermarket shortened bumpstops for the rear so how do you not ride on bumpstops 100% of the time? I assume people cut their bumpstops. Surely that'd be illegal??

Lowering cars is rubbish. When people say 'King Spring Lottery' they're not wrong!

FE2s are going back in the front and I'm going to try KHRL45HD (Lows) in the rear soon. The 45 is a higher spring. I'll be content with having the FE2 365mm up front. Hope the 45HD brings it to 350 - 360mm in the rear according to the multiple phone calls I've made to King Springs. I got different hub to guard measurements depending on who I spoke to. Again, it's a lottery when it comes to ride heights.

Sits 110mm off the ground unladen and suspension travel is extremely limited. I need someone to explain the 2/3 suspension travel rule to me before I go any further I guess.

Must say, looks awesome though. Will be sad to raise it back but I just can't drive around like this on crap city roads. Disappointing it dropped so low when I was only chasing a 15mm drop.

Last edited:

Scott2301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Thanks for the info mate...
Sounds like i'll be sticking to FE2 - I really don't want a rubbish ride and I don't really want to take this risk of paying for springs that will ultimately need to be changed back to FE2...

Unless I hear some success stories, I just can't justify the headache...

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Yeah old thread an all but has some good info in it and I can't find anything else. Hoping someone can help.

I have a VY SS Ute and have KHFL-47HD springs in the front. Ride height with 18's is 345mm from centre of hub to guard and 585mm from base of rim to guard. This setup is about 3-4 years old and going well.

I want to raise this ~20mm.

King spring guide say the difference between 'low' and 'super low' springs is 20mm. Does anyone have a measurement of their setup with low front springs?

I called Pedders head office and they say that they can get 600mm (rim to guard) but it was based off a car with 17's. The local Pedders said that the measurements are a guide only so he cannot guarantee the height.

Theo Kamien

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 Monaro
VU SS KHFL 47 on the front and KHRL 127 on the rear, the ride was crap, felt every bump in the road. This is how I purchased the vehicle. I stopped driving it and went back to FE2.