Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

king springs query

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
ok ive sifted through the search function, it covered a few things but not all of it so i have to post, hahah sorry guys youve probs been asked this 1000 times.
my gf's brother can get king springs at a cheap price for me, so i need the part number, which i can get off the website.
what im wondering is, if i can put superlows on the front and rear and it comes out level, if superlows are too low for a ute that i take to work, and at what height ill need a camber kit?

i dont want to go too low, on most quotes ive gotten theyve suggested 30mm at front and 50mm at rear, but im unsure as to what the equates to in king springs, and if its low enough to get the desired effect. at the moment i dont have FE2 or anything, stock as and higher than michael gardiner on a friday night

cheers for any help guys

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
I have superlows all round on my vr sedan and it sits leval as.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
30mm is lows, 50mm is superlows.

If you are carrying heavy loads though, i'd reconsider lowering... load it up as much as you normally would and measure how much lower it is then, and then you can work out how much it can be dropped.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
yeh the weights not much, barely makes a difference.
i think superlows is the go, do i need a camber kit ??

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
With superlows yeh,, I think lows you get away with it but especially if running bigger rims (flatter profile tyres) you definitely want a camber kit on supers.