Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs sagging?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Jumping on the car to test shocks doesn’t work. It’ll tell you if they’re totally toast but that’s about it. If you’re not sure if they’ve been replaced in the past couple of years, start with the shocks.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
Jumping on the car to test shocks doesn’t work. It’ll tell you if they’re totally toast but that’s about it. If you’re not sure if they’ve been replaced in the past couple of years, start with the shocks.
I'll vouch for that i had my car in to 2 places to get the rear shocks tested the first place said they needed to be replaced the second place said no they are still good (by doing the push test) went ahead and changed them they turned out to be the original shocks from when the car was made and were stuffed. replacing them raised the car up by a good 50 mm.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
I'd start with shocks over springs, few decent brands to choose from I'd use Sachs or KYB

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
I'd start with shocks over springs, few decent brands to choose from I'd use Sachs or KYB

I went to the local suspension place and he recommended ultimas over sachs as he said that he had a few people complaining about the sachs
so i put the ultimas in my car seem to be good so far and i just did just over 400kms on them on some really crap roads and they performed as good as the original shocks did and they have a 3 year warranty and cost less than half the price of the sachs or kybs.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
An update on this in case anyone was interested I replaced both springs and shocks with new dobi super lows and Monroe gt sports shocks and it made a huge improvement to the way the car drives and handles while still retaining that lowered stance

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
An update on this in case anyone was interested I replaced both springs and shocks with new dobi super lows and Monroe gt sports shocks and it made a huge improvement to the way the car drives and handles while still retaining that lowered stance
What was the ballpark cost?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I had a set of Kings that sagged. Annoyingly they were in my Cruiser, so less than desirable.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I had a set of Kings that sagged. Annoyingly they were in my Cruiser, so less than desirable.
Wasn’t sure whether the issue was the springs or the shocks so I just replaced both to make sure I fixed it