Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs: SSL vs SSL HD

Which springs to people prefer?

• SSL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSL HD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jack Kolar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey guys,

I'm considering going king springs with shortened shocks for my VE, although I'm a little undecided as to which route to go, I'm tossing up between SSL and SSL HD.

I very rarely have heavier loads in the boot & sometimes tow a small trailer so I want to make sure I'm not compromising too much with the springs I choose.

I'm aware that lowering springs won't be as comfy as stock, I'm wondering what the difference in height and quality is between standard SSL and SSL HD. Any info & pics would be very much appreciated!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Probably not the answer you're looking for but Lovells will give a better ride over cheapo Kings for not a lot more cost.

Jack Kolar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
I'm keen on king springs but I'm also keen to hear of any alternatives that'll give decent ride quality. Do you know what springs lovells have that are equivalent to height for SSL?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't know specifics but giver Super Spares a call they have a decent range at a decent price. They might even have an online store. I bought mine from Super Spares on eBay. They are on Google.

Jack Kolar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Thanks mate, I'll have to look into them!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a quick look and it seems SL Lovells are 2" drop. Not sure how much you can go before it becomes illegal?

Jack Kolar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
I'll have to measure my current ride height and go from there, ideally id like to have it sit at 110mm just to be safe.