Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs super low or ultra ??

Mik001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
The ss needs to be brought down to earth a little just wondering what you guys think I should go with. I want a tuff low look but not crazy and unusable.
Kings seems to be well respected brand but any one with another suggestions I would appreciate.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Flyer

Reaction score
Website
www.generationdrone.com.au
Members Ride
VF SS V Redline - 2014
I'm in the same boat. It's hard to get your head around all the options. I don't know how good the 19s will look lowered. I think the 20s might fill it out just right. Pedders are also an option for me.

Mik001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Thanks Flyer. I'm thinking 20's are a must mate. Do peddles use their own brand?

Anyone with experience with super lows I would appreciate feedback from. I'm now thinking ultra low could be painfull.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
I don't have 20" but mines mildly lowered on 19" and to get it as low as one would ideally want it looks wise(I need another 20mm ideally)it would scrape too much on current rims I feel,so id have to agree 20" would be the ideal set up..
I have lovells on mine(walkinshaw use them for their basic lowering mod),dont see them mentioned much at all but they are just fine imo,,king springs get mentioned about 5 times a day on here it seems lol so they must be a good product seeing as a lot of commies seem to have them.

Ultra low may be ok,but SL on 20" should look sweet IMO.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
19s or 20s won't matter, the rolling diameter should be the same and won't lift or lower the car at all. Its only how much rim vs tyre U have.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
19s or 20s won't matter, the rolling diameter should be the same and won't lift or lower the car at all. Its only how much rim vs tyre U have.

say using the same 35 aspect tyre I have with my 19's with another 25mm or rim size,does that not give another 25mm of filling the wheel arch?? think I worded my previous post wrong re lowering the car versus reducing guard to tyre gap which this would do? or am I temporarily off my chops? :p

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
I used to run King's "super low" but went to their "ultra low" a short time ago. I had the rear guards rolled as they were touching. The springs have settled in now.
Around town it's not to bad. But scuffing judder bars is normal. But because it's not a daily driver it's not a biggie.

Top picture "super lows".
Bottom "ultra lows".
Wheel is a just a 19".

Hope that helps.

Mik001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Thanks Pete and for everyones opinions.
After seeing that pic I will defo be going with super low.
Ultras look great but I think as a daily it won't work.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
the top clubbie pic on SL is exactly how mine looks on 19's too...about 20mm too much gap but cbf changing to 20's personally

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Gotta remember the ve/vf arches are a fair bit bigger than vt -vz arches like in the picture. Mine tucks a bit of rim on my tweetys at the rear on ssl. Don't really see many ve's tucking. They always seem to look a bit higher to me because of that.

Last edited: