Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs super lows

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
My dads front springs are still alright. One of the rear leaf springs cracked the other week. Had to get a new ones. And mine fronts i only cut one or two coils off so they are still traped. I didnt want to cut more then that off or they would not be traped and would run the risk of them dislodging.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
I would bet anything that my car with fe2 susp would out-handel your car a hundred times over. Plus it would pass a cop inspection and not cost you hundreds to get it back to roadworthy.

Though to be truthful, the fact that you chopped up the the main structural components that hold your car up must make it look sooo much more hardcore.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
coolvncommodore said:
My dads front springs are still alright. One of the rear leaf springs cracked the other week. Had to get a new ones. And mine fronts i only cut one or two coils off so they are still traped. I didnt want to cut more then that off or they would not be traped and would run the risk of them dislodging.

Mate here is my suggestion. Jack the front of your car up so the wheels are completely off the ground. Then try twisting/turning the spring. If it moves at all, then its not completely trapped properly.

I assure you it will do this. Just give it a try, thats all I suggest.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I never said my car handles better then anyone with proper springs. But it does handle better then a stock VN. My mum has a vn series2. Just spent a lot of money on suspension work. Done that stupid pedders $14 check and ended up costing about $1000 but my car still handles way better. Cant wait till my tax comes back and i get supers for the front of mine.

N

nemodore

dont fight with him guys. let him kill himself or someone else so that he can figure out his own f***up.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
How can i kill myself if my car handles better then a stock VN and has been that way for the past 4 years.

N

nemodore

you can figure that 4 yourself. if you put your car against a properly lowered car you will notice the difference. when u cut springs it doesnt just effect your handling it effects your braking,spring rebound,steering response, body roll+ heaps more. the braking efficancy has got a lot to do with the energy absorbed by the springs. if your springs not doing its job it effects your bracking servierly. if spring were meant to be cut they would be sold off the shelf cut. and as 4 having them trapped , things fu** up on cars all the time so how do you know there gona stay trapped. instead of wasting your time screwin with every one elses lives that drive past or next to you wake up to your self and do the one thing every one should with springs and do it right. they only cost you about $90 dollars a pair. you obviously dont know what your f***in with so get a suspension shop to do it for you when your at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
$90 a pair????? I need new struts and good struts are $290 and superlow kings are $140. Well thats the cheepest i have got quoted and ive called around to every suspension place in the yellow pages(canberra). And i dont have the right tools or anything so im going to have to pay another $100 for labour and $50 for wheel alignment. it adds up. but when my tax comes back im getting it all done proply.

N

nemodore

my vn costs for super lows (minus swaybars ,bushes,and adjustable panhard rod.)$90 a pair 4 springs (kings),$143.50 rear shortened shocks, $164.75 front shortened struts. obviously you dont know what your doin so dont argue a subject you know sweet f*** all about in future. i made springs for a while and i know the value of havin good suspension. buy the way can your vn safley out corner a fully worked over skyline? mine can! p.s. these shocks and struts are monroe gold gas adjustables so standard should be even cheaper.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Hey coolvncommodore you say your car handles 10 times better than your mums car yet on other threads (15/06 and 29/05)that it (and i quote)"handles just the same as stock with my cut springs",and"still handles like stock".You say the springs have been done for the last 4 years yet you have said in another thread that you have only had the car for a year and 4 months.How would you know how much the springs have deteriorated since they have been cut?
How long have you been driving?Not long i bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.