Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs super lows

Status
Not open for further replies.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
adam69 said:
Hey coolvncommodore you say your car handles 10 times better than your mums car yet on other threads (15/06 and 29/05)that it (and i quote)"handles just the same as stock with my cut springs",and"still handles like stock".You say the springs have been done for the last 4 years yet you have said in another thread that you have only had the car for a year and 4 months.How would you know how much the springs have deteriorated since they have been cut?
How long have you been driving?Not long i bet.

Hmmm, slap.

Lets wait for a response on this one.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
nemodore said:
my vn costs for super lows (minus swaybars ,bushes,and adjustable panhard rod.)$90 a pair 4 springs (kings),$143.50 rear shortened shocks, $164.75 front shortened struts. obviously you dont know what your doin so dont argue a subject you know sweet f*** all about in future. i made springs for a while and i know the value of havin good suspension. buy the way can your vn safley out corner a fully worked over skyline? mine can! p.s. these shocks and struts are monroe gold gas adjustables so standard should be even cheaper.

What are the shortened struts for, cant you still use stock struts when lowering?

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
The most worrying thing if you cut your springs is that even if they are seated properly when all the cars weight is on them, what happens when the weight is lifted off them if you hit a dip in the road?

I've also seen the end results a broken coil spring can have when travelling at a reasonable speed. Needless to say, the car was a real mess but luckily didn't hit another vehicle.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
adam69 said:
Hey coolvncommodore you say your car handles 10 times better than your mums car yet on other threads (15/06 and 29/05)that it (and i quote)"handles just the same as stock with my cut springs",and"still handles like stock".You say the springs have been done for the last 4 years yet you have said in another thread that you have only had the car for a year and 4 months.How would you know how much the springs have deteriorated since they have been cut?
How long have you been driving?Not long i bet.

I can answer all them questions. My car handled the same as stock when my rears were cut aswell but now i have ultra lows and shorend monroe gas shocks in the rear so now it handles better. But have not done the front yet till i get money. And ive only had the car since last april. my old man had the car before then.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Why do u guys think enginners design stuff, for fun and too make lots of money? No...It's because items need to be engineered to standards with specific tolerances and strain limits. By cutting springs it effects all design specification and make it unsafe. There isnt a cheap way out all the time kiddies, pay for proper engineered springs.

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
I love when your driving on a freeway and you see a dumb P plater (i'm a P plater, but not dumb :thumbsup: ) and they're in a car with a bodykit, and they'll hit a pothole. The whole rear flies up and then crashes into the ground, almost breaking their plastic body kit.

But yeah cutting springs is awesome. So awesome my mate Mohammad told me to do it. He also suggested i forget a Lukey exhaust and just go to his mate who will put a straight pipe from the engine to the pipes. No muffler, no cat. Just pipe. "Sounds awesome bro!"

I just got King Springs SuperLows all round... best modification ever. Nuff Said

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Summernats style exhaust!

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
s0sage said:
ok keesh ... heres my UNINFORMED opinion as a fully qualified tyre fitter and wheel aligner who has hoisted more than his fair share of chopped springs on cars and had them fall out and land on his feet in some cases ..

every single spring ever made for a car has a SPECIFIC load rating and ride height for that particular spring. ever seen a kg/cm figure when you've done your masterful researching on google about springs? if you have X amount at kg/cm on a 9 coil spring .. and you cut 3 coils off ... you are placing exactly the same amount of load onto a spring that is now 'designed' for a load only 2/3 of its original rating. (your mind should cope with such a simple explanation)

HIGHLY DANGEROUS TO YOURSELF, OTHERS ON THE ROAD, AND YOUR VEHICLES CONDITION .. AND VOIDS ABSOLUTELY ANY INSURANCE POLICY YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR.

you are a goddamned fool for even suggesting people do this in a public forum, and i pray that not one single person in here ever listens to your advice on suspension work.... go back to your homework and leave what you know nothing about to those "uninformed" people who actually have a damn clue.

this is just barely scratching the surface of the SAFETY and LEGALITY issues involved in coil cutting. dont even get me started on the handling and understeer effects it has...

p.s. your a d!ckhead

thanx for the insult mate! i no that the spring changes when its cut, i no the the compression rate is changed, obviosly cause it bounces on bumps, ok so say my back spring in weaker, i have shortened shocks to hold it in just the same as u would with kings, if my spring one day decides to bust, it not going to go any lower than the bumpstop, alot ov guys with vr's and vs' have got it pretty much sitting on bumpstops..

and ur saying cause imi 18 i dont no as much as you? well i have a mate to thats a pro tyre fitter he said yer its illeagle, yer its bouncy but its highly unlikely that ur spring is going to unwind or snap with 2 coils off as long as my springs trapped i say its fine

V

vncommodore_no1

Sorry guys but i agree with coolvncommodore and keesh. I had cut springs a few months back till i could afford kings and i have to say the ride is a little bouncy but i had shortend shocks so the spring was still trapped so it could not fall out. I found the car sat better around corners with cut springs over stock but with my new superlow kings its better. But if you cant afford the kings i say its ok to cut them aslong as they are trapped.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Well coolvncommodore/vncommodore_no1 and keesh, just for your information i have a "mate" too. He is a therapist for scuicidal youths. You guys want his number?

Status
Not open for further replies.