Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs super lows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I noticed a set of Superlows that looked nearly new in the wreckers today. And they're already off the car. Only thing is, they're off a VS Statesman. I noticed the front struts attatch to the body with a different number of bolts to a VN, but does anyone know if the springs themselves will fit on my S1 VN?

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Front springs from VS arent compatible with VN.

Rear from VS will fit a VN though but as its off a Stato im guessing its the IRS springs which means the rear springs wont fit either.

So no they wont fit, front or rear. Bad luck man

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Oh well. Thought it was worth checking!! Guess i'll have to fork out for a new set!

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Shortstuff said:
Oh well. Thought it was worth checking!! Guess i'll have to fork out for a new set!
cut them, dont listen to uninformed people who think they no everything just because they want to look tuff on a computer.. ive cut mine on both my cars, never had any dramas if u get the shortened shocks on ur car(as u have to do with kings ne way) they wont fall out and handle exactly the same.. i can find more people who NO WAT THERE TALKING ABOUT to back spring cutting over most of the people on this forum who have never done it and cant tell u first hand wat its like.. before anyone says anything to condem me ov my own choices, i just want to remind u that most things u do aftermarket to ur vn is illeagle, including most of the exsausts and spools people have in this forum, so think b4 u pik a fight about nothing

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Keesh said:
cut them, dont listen to uninformed people who think they no everything just because they want to look tuff on a computer.. ive cut mine on both my cars, never had any dramas if u get the shortened shocks on ur car(as u have to do with kings ne way) they wont fall out and handle exactly the same.. i can find more people who NO WAT THERE TALKING ABOUT to back spring cutting over most of the people on this forum who have never done it and cant tell u first hand wat its like.. before anyone says anything to condem me ov my own choices, i just want to remind u that most things u do aftermarket to ur vn is illeagle, including most of the exsausts and spools people have in this forum, so think b4 u pik a fight about nothing

Yeah ok, do that then watch as your commy handles like an elephant in a bouncy castle. Nice work.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Keesh said:

Mate, did you even make it past primary school?

Exsausts?
Illeagle?
Condem?
No?
There?

Also, talk about looking 'tuff' on a computer, oh ma gawd uleh 'ov' is like fully sick mate, its full on hectic mate, fully luv it mate

Its exactly people like Keesh that cut their springs. If you wanna be like this idiot, then go ahead and cut your springs. Be a cheap loser with no insurance and a danger to yourself and those around you and treat your car like a peice of ****.

But if you dont wanna be an ignorant loser, then spend the little money it costs for performance springs and improve your cars ride and handling :)

Last edited:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
not even going to say anything to that, cause its a forum to discuss cars not personalities, and u claerly cant judge mine cause u dont no me

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I bought a car with cut springs once! Changed the suspension back to standard after about a week of owning the car because it understeered like mad and scared the **** out of me. I wouldn't go down the spring cutting road after what I experienced with that car!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
My fronts are cut. Have no problems at all. Been cut for years now. But getting superlows when my tax comes back. The springs are trapped and everything so there is no way they can come out or anything. My mums got a vn with stock ride height suspension and mine handles 10 times better. So when i get my new superlows in the front it should be 20times better:) But thats just my experiance.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Keesh you are 18 need to live first before giving such stupid advice.Listen to others people advice.Im double your age and owned heaps of cars.Cut springs loose their strength and their tension and do not do what they are supposed to do.Ive had cut,standard and properly lowered springs and i know cut CAN be dangerous.Some laws regarding modification are stupid,we all know that,but we are talking about dangerous mods.
All Shortstuff was asking was if the springs would fit into his VN and they wont.It had nothing to do what you are crapping on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.