Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs Super Lows

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Hey guys imn planning on buying some King Springs Super Lows for my vx v6 and was wondering if ill need anything for the suspensions such as camber kits or shocks. I plan on running either 18"s or 19"s. Als if you could provide brands, websites, prices that would be great.

Thanks.

-Term

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
You dont HAVE to change anything else.
You can just swap the springs, that is the easiest and cheapest way.
But to do it properly, you will want to most prob put short shocks in, and also camber kit to reduce tyre wear, especially if you are planning on 18s/19s you wont want to be replacing them all the time cause the insides keep shredding quickly
Many brands do shocks like monroe and pedders and what not, same with camber kits, like K-mac and nolathane etc

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
yep i would def put a camber kit on it if i where lowering it at all, because they have excessive wear on the inside rear tyres even at standard hight. not sure on price i think i heard round $400 mark??? on the camber kit, but well worth it.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
yep i would def put a camber kit on it if i where lowering it at all, because they have excessive wear on the inside rear tyres even at standard hight. not sure on price i think i heard round $400 mark??? on the camber kit, but well worth it.

Mine always wear on the outside since I put the LSD in:driving:

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Okay so what brands should i look at as i want to get some quotes, thanks.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I have a 4 point noltec camber kit, and im happy. Even with a camber kit tyres will still wear, your tyres will just last longer with one installed.

Though you dont really need a 4 point kit, you can get away with a 2 point kit. Which is cheaper at the end of the day also.

Though I recommend a 4 point kit to be used, as you can adjust the toe and camber, with a 2point kit you can only just either toe or camber.

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
if its a vx 2 it has adjustable camber on it standard

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
GMMAD it will be a series 2 so does that change things guys?

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
GMMAD it will be a series 2 so does that change things guys?
I run ssl on the rear and sl on the front with 19's on my vx ss with no camber kit only the standard adjustable multi link rear end
you would be best to get springs and shocks to suit as it will be a bit harsh with out but you can run the standard shock i run standard fe2 front shocks and koni red rear