Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs ultra lows on VK

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi guys just thought I'd ask because this is something I know nothing about. I'm looking at dumping the rear of my VK Calais (it was already lowered when I bought the car, but still roadworthy) I'm looking at some ultra lows on ebay $150.00 posted just for the rears because I only wanna dump the rear so it will tuck the rims. They are 50-60mm springs lower than factory hight. My mate said I'd need new shockers, whats involved in changing all of this over as I'll probably do it myself. Is it as simple as jacking the arse up and taking out the old, dropping in the new? If shockers are needed any reccomendations, and any ideas on price?

For the springs I'm looking at are they priced ok or have you seen better??

Here's the add for the springs... REAR ULTRA LOW KING SPRINGS COMMODORE SUIT VB VC VH VK (eBay item 320636107814 end time 28-Jan-11 19:39:10 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

BTW with 19's will I need to lip the guards??

Thanks in advance

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Ultra lows are totally illegal, and you will be defected for them, you realise this yes? (major defect carries a $300 fine).

That sad, its two bolts in the boot, two bolts at the diff and the shocks fall out. Then just stand of the diff to get the springs out. Use lowered shocks with ultra lows, to lessen the chance of them falling out, even the lowered shocks aren't low enough to stop that. (Zip ties are your friends).

Monroe GT lowered are good value.

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I really only need another 2-3cm to tuck the rim so the 5-6cm would probably be overkill. Would you recommend lipping the guards? Any other suggestions as far as lowered springs go??

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
if you only want to tuck the rim why dont you just get your springs compressed to the exact height you want. my guards are lipped and my 18s and ultralows i used to run still scraped on bumpy roads.

Holdenuup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK getaway car,VS Esteem
Ilegal yeh who cares I never been pulled over and defected by police in 10 years of useing them and lowered shocks will keep them in for sure trust me they will Iuse to act like a real hill billy in my care when I was old enough to think I was Peter Brock when driveing on the road.They r for show use but still when I used 1st lowering height which is legal my commy would bottom out when playing hard but with ultra lows in front and rear the fun really started and so did jail visits.