Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King SSSL rear shock selection help

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Hi,

Struggling with shock selection here.

Car is VF V8 with King SSSL in the rear with standard shocks. I'm looking at either Koni or Bilstein.

Part numbers (rears only):
Koni 82-2567Sport
Bilstein BE5 F588

I can't find any information if these shocks are suited to SSSL ride height. Please help...

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I have Bilstiens for front and rear,rears are virtually brand new $600the lot.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have Bilstiens for front and rear,rears are virtually brand new $600the lot.

Who do i need to see to get those prices?
Is your car lowered?
Do you know the part numbers?

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, Need the B8s. From Bilsteins FAQ
Bilstein B4 - These are classed as a replacement damper. A few B4 variations exist depending on the vehicle application but these are all intended to replace the standard shocks fitted when the car was new.
Bilstein B6 - A non adjustable sport damper which is painted yellow. The B6 damper is designed for the motorist that wants a sporty ride without lowering the car or changing the original springs.
Bilstein B8 - just like the B6 shock absorber but shorter. These are only for use with lowering springs or where listed for vehicles with factory sports suspension. They are shorter to ensure the all important coil spring pre load as lowering springs are shorter than OE springs.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
For future reference, Bilstein part numbers for VF V8 with SL front and SSSL rear

Front PE3 H509
Rear BE5 F588LSA

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
With the Koni shocks the spring mounting position is lower then the standard shock. I was running SSL all round with standard shocks on mine and after installing the Koni shocks I had to go to a SL in the rear to bring it back to level.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the heads up.

After searching around some more, I've settled on the Fulcrum COMKIT12 package. It's front and rear shocks and sway bars.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update, ended up installing MCA street performance coil overs. Had them in for 2 months now. Transformed the handling significantly for the better. Left at default damping settings and adjusted to suit MCA's recommended ride height. Highly recommended and would not hesitate to install on my next ride in the future. Stance is still good IMO. Hope this helps someone...
20200523_163157.jpg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Update, ended up installing MCA street performance coil overs. Had them in for 2 months now. Transformed the handling significantly for the better. Left at default damping settings and adjusted to suit MCA's recommended ride height. Highly recommended and would not hesitate to install on my next ride in the future. Stance is still good IMO. Hope this helps someone...

Looks great.