Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kiwi needs aussie help. sos

E

evl

I dumped the rb30e for a kiwi spec rb20e yip 3 litre to a 2 litre. but hold on 2 ya panties it was a temporary measure. I scored a mint rb20e 5spd vl wagon for 100bux with no rego. At the time i had a vl rb30 auto sittn in the driveway with(wait for it)a cracked head. in the interest of havn my wheels goin round i ripped out the rb20. the gearbox and clutch was on the way out so i drove the wagon untill the gearbox finaly shat itself ( land of the long white cloud now you know how lol ) so i dropped the 2litre in with the auto in my sedan now most people will be saying that was a step backwards but theres always 2 sides to a coin. now i have a economical sedan that my missus can drive since i got in the **** for the long white clouds.i tell ya theres no such thing as a high speed getaway with a f**fed clutch plate.an i also have the 3 litre block on a engine stand stripped,honed,balanced,blueprinted,an rebuilt wit new bearings,rings gaskets ect after a good soak in a chem bath. ive also added a few extra bits including a lightened flywheel(yip gunna be a manual) custom sump, new pulleys, new 120 amp alternator,rebuilt powersteering pump an cooler. and theres countless other bits that have been tweaked to sum degree. but still no head an the inlet i havnt touched yet cause im undecided on induction an how many cams i want so please any advice or cheap bits out there please leave a note an anyone that has a comment good or bad leave it here. btw the vl sedan its goin into is a 88 vl berlina its on kings with short shocks. its got a panhard rod an a strut brace its only on 14 inch roh chromies at the mo with 185 on the front an 205 on the back its painted in spies an hecker custom blue green.(it changes depending on light) its got honeycomb louvres an side louvres no kit yet but has a small scoop an spoiler. the interior has been painted mullberry mettalic an has a race wheel a few xtra gauges(vaccum,amp,oil temp,trans temp,fuel press,rpm) the cabin is lit by ultra violet neons that react to the air brushing on the roof lining. so if you can tell the new engine needs finished an this will be a mean holden. im doing exhaust at the mo which will be 2an a half inch stainless wit 1 muffler as we dont have cat converters over here an will dump out the pacemakers already installed. i also have a nolathane kit to install but cant be bothered takn the suspension to bits AGAIN. the only other thing left is brakes( i still have drums on the back NOOOOOOOOOO.. ANY WAY I HOPE I MAKE SENCE AS ITS LATE AN IM TIRED AN SHOULD GO TO BED. please give me feedback. am i headed in the right direction im in the deep south u see an dont have many vls to look at for motavation. i need aussie input.................zzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

R

rattattack1313

Sounds like quite a project you have on your hands, mate..... good onya....... shame about the Long White Cloud attracting the Long Arm of the Law...any chance of some pix??????????

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
be different, while you've got the RB30E on an engine stand, put in some low comp pistons, get a replacement head and supercharge it.

E

evl

looked into the toyota crown setup but it isnt enough. mite sound weird but i can get a turbo not sure exactly what it is but its only the inlet side an cartridge. now i may be barking up the wrong tree but could i run a belt pulley onto the exhaust side and call it a supercharger. im not sure if this has been done before but the best ideas are fresh ones

E

evl

couldnt upload pictures from kodak. havnt got any really recent ones anyway. im gunna fall of the face of the earth for a month or so anyway ill upload sum then. hopefully il have sum more done to her by then. il get sum pics of my one tonner too. shes a hx with sidedraughts an extractors on a 202red. celica 5spd an lsd. its dukes orange with a confederate back window an the meanest (by kiwi standards) wrap around bullbars. hmm then theres the chev an the bike.. no no street commodores.. I HEAR VOICES AN THEY DONT LIKE YOU

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
evl said:
looked into the toyota crown setup but it isnt enough. mite sound weird but i can get a turbo not sure exactly what it is but its only the inlet side an cartridge. now i may be barking up the wrong tree but could i run a belt pulley onto the exhaust side and call it a supercharger. im not sure if this has been done before but the best ideas are fresh ones
true, true. i have heard of it being done, cant remember who, what where when. is it worth it when you can get a 2nd hand turbo from the wreckers for SFA?

E

evl

heres a really stupid sounding idea. a electric blower. leaf blower style run of a 240volt inverter. i wonder how much pressure u could get after modifying it. food for thought aye. mad max blower on a switch an it dosnt take any exhaust or crank power to run it. i really dont think itl work but hey if it would hmmmmmm.....

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
evl said:
heres a really stupid sounding idea. a electric blower. leaf blower style run of a 240volt inverter. i wonder how much pressure u could get after modifying it. food for thought aye. mad max blower on a switch an it dosnt take any exhaust or crank power to run it. i really dont think itl work but hey if it would hmmmmmm.....
electric blowers have been blown out of the water. you might as well pay someone to blow down your intake. good idea, i guess if you had a blower big enough then it would be feasible, but you would have to set it up on a VS drive

V

vn4play

you could put a belt onto a turbo if you want to run like no boost at all. :rofl: turbos run very very high in the rpm to become efficient at compressing air, around 30-40,000rpm a rpm that no car will reach(besides your little brothers nitro remote control) also it has been proven that for a blower to give any gains (this being about 5hp) it would have to be of the dyno room type(the one that blows into your engine to simulate road driving.)

but by all means it is not very hard to supercharge, it is a case of making a bracket getting a belt and some pipes hooked up to the inlet from the charger. also it would be cheap for you to get a turbo of one of the sr20 silvias or even r32-33 skylines, and make up a steam pipe manifold etc etc.

anyways i just thought i would let you know about the belt turbo and the leaf blower.

jimbo

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You can get electric blowers that will pump a solid 15 psi, sure they cost more than a turbo but the tech is out there...... :)

:)